GRACE? GRACE? What the F*** is GRACE? Jehovah's Witnesses have no idea!

by TerryWalstrom 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• schnell
    schnell

It is interesting to see just how terrifically different my old born-in beliefs are from mainstream Christianity. As an atheist, I have also considered joining the Unitarian Universalists, as much as I have a Freethinkers group and maybe both, though I don't see a big important reason to do so. Maybe to make some more friends, and why else. It would totally piss off my in-laws though.

At this point, I am annoyed by positive references to Christ and the Bible, while also aware that I'm annoyed...

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

the hynm amazing grace says it all re my subjective experience with grace note I said subjective not objective

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I'll be seventy years old in a few days and think I've entered the "kill zone" which leaves me in the spot where most endangered species start to get itchy-twitchy about life and death.

Well, not me.

I'm really all played out. I won't pretend I don't care about death--but it is more nearly correct to say I'm only concerned about how long the process will transact. Quick and painless or slow and agonizing. However, I'm not at all worried about God, Hell, Heaven, the Devil or any superstitious conceit.

I am interested in GRACE. What I like about it is simple. If God likes me--I'm in!

If He doesn't--I'm screwed anyway.
    And yet--I don't really believe...anything...about anybody "up there."

I just like the idea that IF THERE was/is a God---He could simply like me and the deal is sealed. That would be a big middle finger to the Governing Body left stranded in their tidy whities on life support.

Yeah. That's a Grace I can dig.

• lrkr
    lrkr

I noticed this too when I left.

Grace is such a beautiful, spiritual, light concept.

Undeserved kindness is very guilt ridden and legalistic. Even Calvinist.

But I'm an atheist now- so I think it's all bs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit