GB on a Self Self-Destruct Course

by frankiespeakin 12 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The governing body continues to surround itself with yes-men. Protected inside the walls of watchtower's Brooklyn Bethel, they have practically no contact with the real world. Which means that the aging members of the governing body have little or no contact with anyone that can offer them corrective criticism. For example how many people do you know inside the watchtower organization that can speak frankly with governing body members, apart from their wives. This type of sterile environment where desire to offer constructive criticism, can be met with disfellowshipping, has gotta be a breeding ground for all sorts of idiocy, comparable at least to the same idiocy that occurs through constant in-breeding of the human species. For that one reason alone I would say they are on a self-destruct course.

They have created an organization of organization worshipers,

where contrary opinions are evil, threatening, and should never be expressed, or felt. This is a sterile environment for creative thinking, were only the partyline can be voiced. The monster they have created will eventually eat them up.

Their rules will continue to get more and more foolish, even though they changed them to implement damage control.

The Internet has offered the greatest challenge of all to the watchtower, and they are losing ground, I think the watchtower is terrified of the Internet. Hey, they don't even mentioned their own web sites in the publications. Sometimes I wonder if they're really aware of what is on the Internet, because they are so afraid of it. they no doubt have very few that they can trust personally to check it out for them. I'm even willing to think that probably The only ones that have official authority to check things out on the Internet are probably only governing body themselves, because they are too afraid to have anybody else doing it, for they know the very real consequences of such actions, and serious repercussions that could come from somebody officially assigned by the governing body to investigate the Internet as to what things are being posted against the watchtower bible & Tract Society.

I don't think the GB, are very comfortable anymore, and they probably shit their pants, on a regular basis, over all the bad publicity that has been unleashed in recent years.

• freein89
    freein89

Hahaha, you know its bad when they dont' just shit their pants, but shit them on a regular basis!!!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I recall reading something years back saying that people who are dominated by a controlling group tend to develop highly intuitive skills: they become used to reading situations and taking appropriate action for simple survival.

I think the GB is a group that has traditionally been in the "control" class. I think they enjoyed that role in the past. But, IMO, this is part of the reason they have failed to develop the intuitive skills of reading a situation and taking a good survival stance. (Case in point: pedophiles).

IMO they are losing a grip. Their real control is dwindling (in part thanks to the Internet), and they are lost. They are acting rashly and generally inappropriately.

• integ
    integ

In regard to the Society monitoring "apostate" websites, I would think that they definitely do it. I would think they probably give that job to guys that are really hard core loyalists who have to pass some secret test or something. It is in their best interests to keep themselves abreast on what's going on here, so they can off-set it, and we all know that the Society is all about doing what's in their best interest.

Integ.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Integ,

In regard to the Society monitoring "apostate" websites, I would think that they definitely do it. I would think they probably give that job to guys that are really hard core loyalists who have to pass some secret test or something.

I was only giveing my opinion, you very well may be right. Nonetheless, if they do have someone, they are sending him on a deadly mission, one that must cause them great anxiety if true. Maybe one of these days, someone will start posting on the board telling us about how they were sent by the Society to check out the Internet and wound up getting deprogramed.

It is in their best interests to keep themselves abreast on what's going on here, so they can off-set it, and we all know that the Society is all about doing what's in their best interest.

Yes, it is in their best interest, but I guess it's a tossup isn't it?

• Maverick
    Maverick

I hope you are right about this. Is there any way we can help them along? What if I send them a gift box of depends and some new tin-foil hats, (to keep the space rays from invading their brains)? Maverick

• Flip
    Flip

Unfortunately, the evidence of real estate acquisition paints a different picture.

These guys, over many years, have developed into better American corporate businessmen than self-proclaimed benefactors of world spiritual enlightenment.

I doubt, given the estimated net revenues generated year after year, that they give a flying fig over losing a few goof ball followers that finally got a clue, as long as the governments tax free standard of adherent population is maintained.

And doing so, my friend, doesn’t appear very difficult.

I also suspect the only soiling going on, is while going over the new monthly income figures, a couple of the older guys get overly excited about how much more money they’ve made the corporation this period.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Hahaha, you know its bad when they dont' just shit their pants, but shit them on a regular basis!!!

A newspaper reporter recently interviewed the Governing Body. Getting very personal with them, he asked if they wore boxers or briefs as undergarments.

They all replied in unison: "Depends."

• sens
    sens

SanFranJim...lmao

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Flip,

Unfortunately, the evidence of real estate acquisition paints a different picture. These guys, over many years, have developed into better American corporate businessmen than self-proclaimed benefactors of world spiritual enlightenment.

I agree financially, they maybe doing well, but one must remember, they are a "religion" as well as a "financial institution". Having money and acquisitions does not guarantee they will not self-destruct. If the exposure of the watchtower is severe, and their retorts express the views of a governing body that lacks touch with reality, then they are on a self-destruct course, with only a few of the real brain-dead hanging on.

I doubt, given the estimated net revenues generated year after year, that they give a flying fig over losing a few goof ball followers that finally got a clue, as long as the governments tax free standard of adherent population is maintained.

I think they have a lot more worries than thier current financial situation, thier credibility, to the public at large and to the flock under their thumb, even more important, for when that is gone, or severely eroded, so does their position as faithful discreet slave, lose its authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit