WTB&TS As Moral Compass

by Francois 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

LDH,
    I'm not offended by your questions, I'm offended by your implication that I may be making up the story about the JWs. We're on the same side, here, and where I come from it's not usual to poke your ally in the eye with a sharp stick. As for onus - I don't feel any even if it is your opinion that there is some. If you want to "prove" the allegation, have at it. This is a chat room, not a court room. I am reporting what I saw and was told at the time by a person who was directly involved in attempting to get an insurance payout for a KH destroyed in an arson-related fire. And frankly, I don't have any Adams Street phone number you can call where someone is going to respond to any questions about whether or not the WTB&TS is engaged in insurance-related activities concerning KHs they finance. The state of Georgia government information number is 404.656.5000 (or maybe 7000), the governor's office 1776. You have represented yourself as the expert - go get 'em.

• esther
    esther

Liberty, your quote "The best is yet to come however, when this congregation must pay back the building loan with interest and then sign over the ownership back to the Watch Tower Society when it's all paid for" is right. To add further to this, the Watch Tower Society asked for interest-free loans from the rank and file to help with the building projects, as well as donations. It would be interesting to know if they actually paid back the loans, or whether the lenders only asked for it back in dire emergencies, feeling they would be frowned on otherwise

esther

• LDH
    LDH

Francoise,

My surprise was to your reaction. As I mentioned in my original post, I'm QUITE SURE this is a WBTS racket. However, the only way to sink their ship is to expose them with proof, so that the 'loyal and faithful' Dubs can't just write this off as specious *apostate reasoning.*

My questions were NOT a barometer of my doubt about your honesty--only a desire to find the paper trail. I do have some contacts in different state's DOI offices, and I'm not above asking them to do some research.

It would HELP me very much if you would privately email me with any other details, i.e., city, etc so that I could burn this house down good and proper.

Lisa

• Amazing
    Amazing

Francios: This is a new one on me! So the Borg is co-insuring? I knew that they gotten Group Insurance for Kingdom Halls ostensibly to get better premiums, but to co-insure with another carrier? WOW!

Do you know if these issues disclosed to the congregation in advance before they agreed to the insurance? Under agency law, if you act for or on behalf of someone, and then you are also selling them a product that you are also participating in the proceeds, you are supposed to disclose this to the consumer. For example, if a Realtor also owns a property when listing it for sale, then he/she is supposed to disclose this to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

The exemption for labor costs should have been spelled out in the policy and made abuntantly clear so that the congregation could get better coverage elsewhere, or at least supplemental coverage. The named carrier should also have disclosed that the WTS was a co-insurer or underwriter! What a bunch of crooks the WTS leaders are! - Amazing

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Francoise,

when I did finish to read the post my reaction was : disgust, shock, indignation really a revolting thing.
    Again I do believe thet these kind of « actions » from the WTS should receive a greater publicit, or to put into an other
    less « poetic « form... "should be splashed all over the places !.

Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

P.S. I do like the way your write your posts!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Knowing what Lisa is like, I'm quite certain she was not implying you were lying, Francois.

When allegations of this nature are made, it is good to have some supporting evidence to back our claim. I know your father is a good enough source for you but the story is not one that we could use as evidence against the WTS if we say we learnt this "from a friend of a friend" so to speak.

Lisa says she has the credentials to investigate this claim. Let her make her investigations, and I'm sure we'll be interested in what she finds!

• Francois
    Francois

Thanks for your nice comments, Mac. And Prisca, LDH doesn't need my permission to tear off on an investigative streak if that's what she wants. I've posted all I know about it to her privately as she requested. As noted by other responders, some of her ideas about insurance may not be as universally applicable as she seems to think.

Besides, if there were a little known, seldom used, byzantine, back-door, less-than-straightforward approach to something like this, you can be sure the Borg would be on it like a chicken on a Junebug.

And to the responder who wanted to know if it was known that the Borg was co-insuring; no. The "co-insurer" was not known. My father was grumbling for weeks about who this co-insurer could possibly be and promising that as soon as they found out, they were going to come down on them like a ten-thousand pound gorilla. Then, after considerable digging, he announced with a great deal of disbelief that the co-insurer was the Borg. All were stunned by the revelation, I assure you.

Francois

• Gozz
    Gozz

Francoise,

there's sure no reason to doubt you; but it's hard to 'prove' without some hard facts. Remember that aside from having the information, someone may want to actually verify; it adds to the weight of the situation you describe. As I'm discussing this issue with an acquintance, I'm being asked to supply hard facts; it's not that they don't trust me, but y'see, I happen to be second (third?) hand in the information line. I'm sure Lisa would get it done if she gets the necessary information.

• LDH
    LDH

Francoise,

Would you please repost that info to me? I haven't received it and I am eager to begin research on licensed insurance companies in Georgia.

Lisa

• TR
    TR

Liberty,

So the Society then sold our Kingdom Hall which we had built and cared for all those years and sold it to,you guessed it, a Baptist church. If that's not selling something to Christendom for direct "false worship" and contributing to the "damnation" of 100s then I don't know what is.

The WTS did exactly the same thing where I live. They then built a nice new Hall in a very expensive area, where the other hall was in a not so nice part of town.

TR

"Kults Suck"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit