Embarassment: At the Door - No. 1

by Amazing 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

Terri,

Welcome to the board. I cut them off: I haven't been to a meeting in almost 30 years!!! If I were to return to any religion, it would have to have a "Clergy-Laity Distinction" as a solid doctrine. I would be in the Laity (no preaching), unless I was the overpaid Tele-vangelist

Mustang

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I was embarrassed every time I went out in field service. But I recall an elder (for those of you who read the thread on "dumbest things you were counseled on," this was the same elder who "counseled" me regarding anorexia), relating one of HIS most embarrassing field service moments.

He opened his discussion about concern for the future. He looked down at the woman's mid section and said, "I am sure, as you are expecting a child, you are very concerned about what the future will hold for your baby."

You probably all know where this is going. The woman said flatly, "I'm not expecting a baby." Needless to say, Br. Sensitivity didn't get to much further in his presentation at that door.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

oh my goodness amazin that is freaking hilarious........ good thing she didnt have the rolling pin or the pepper spray handy lol. guess you like myself can put both feet in your mouth at the same time lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit