Comments You Will Not Hear at the 9-21-03 WT Study

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

"Blended" anointed remnant? Really??? Can I watch??

+a sheep

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oops. Double post.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, minimus and jgnat, the WTS has been slowly manipulating (preparing) the rank and file for that idea.

7/1/95 WT p. 22 Like a Sheik"
    The way the faithful and discreet slave has used other sheep in positions of responsibility was prophesied at Zechariah 9:6, 7.

Zechariah did not prophesy that the repentant Philistine would actually be a sheikh in Israel. That would not be proper, since he was not a natural-born Israelite. But he would be like a sheikh, occupying a position of authority comparable to a sheikh. And so it has proved to be. As the remnant of anointed Christians decrease in number and many of those who survive are limited by age, well-trained other sheep take up the slack, as it were. They do not want to supplant their anointed brothers. But the faithful and discreet slave gives them authority as needed in the "land" so that God’s organization can continue to move ahead in an organized way. Such a progressive process is seen in yet another prophecy.

Then

1/15/01 WT p. 31
    In their discourses, Brothers Sydlik and Jaracz had explained that the fact that "the faithful and discreet slave" has been entrusted with all of the Lord’s earthly belongings does not prevent the slave class from allowing qualified men from among the "other sheep" to care for certain routine administrative responsibilities. (John 10:16) Nor is there any Scriptural reason to insist that all or any of the directors of the legal entities used by Jehovah’s Witnesses be anointed Christians.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

I finally found the thread that prompted some of the comments here. The WTS has long been saying that eventually all the anointed will die (before or after the great tribulation is still up for grabs) and those of the Nethinim, given ones, sons of the servants of Solomon, etc., would take over in a seamless fashion having really been in charge for some time. Whether they will be part of the FDS?....that will be interesting how they manage that. But they dropped the 1914 generation idea and have made the separating of the sheep and goats be a future event, I'm sure they manage to pull the wool over they eyes of most and fear of DF'ing will contain most of the rest.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

It's Sunday am and I am NOT at the meeting. The CO is visiting and we got a phone invitation (that we did not answer) to attend. Instead I am having a nice cup of coffee with pancakes, sausages, and maple syrup and reading the Sunday paper.

For those in the breakfast time zone, good morning.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit