Comments You Will Not Hear at the 9-21-03 WT Study

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Good points, pistoff. Have you ever researched how Aaron was punished by God for not stepping in and stopping the anointed of God, Moses?

min, can you expand on what you mean by the new focus? I have been going to meetings for a long time and have a fairly questioning family. They always made the changes by the WTS more public in a subtle way.

Hi, panda.

you mention that the WTS uses Jesus less and less for study articles, is the same going on in other materials?

I have noticed this trend in all the publications. Jehovah is emphasized more and more. Jesus is disappearing or made only an adjunct of Jehovah. I will post more info on that later.

Willy, that is why the WTS really doesn't want people to do deep research. Those that do almost always leave.

Whenever that happened, the elder who studied with me would say, "Just keep studying." In time, he said, my increased knowledge would cause all the other stuff to fall into place. Ironically, this also works in reverse when your eyes are finally opened and you begin your exit.

Blueblades, have a good vacation.

The Gentile Times Reconsidered and The Sign Of The Last Days------When? Thoroughly documented evidence.I'm glad to see that you direct those reading your posts to these other helps.

As I read them myself, I feel I can recommend them.

Maverick, I am in cowboy country at a hotel on a computer.

They have no honest ground to stand on. They even tried saying Russel was the pres of the JW's...wrong. He never heard of the JW's!

And it irritates the Bible Students to no end. If they will twist the truth on this, imagine how they will twist the "truth" on chronology where 1914 is more crucial a point.

Blonde (still on the road)

• Perry
    Perry
    If 1914 is not valid then 1919 is not valid and then the WTS is not God’s spokesman.

This one revelation is what freed me. It is inextricably linked to the "generation" doctrine that fell in Nov. 1995. This is the magicians' table that the entire house of cards is built upon.

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

blondie says:

Another thing to notice in most articles lately, is the absence of Christ or Jesus in the equation of faith and salvation. It’s not amazing then that the public do not view JWs as Christians because Christ plays such a small part in their "hope." It is not until the last paragraph that Christ as King is mentioned and only in a secondary way.

Yep, we're going to Hell over that!

It really disappoints me to see that, but our very name, Jehovah's Witnesses, puts us back into the Old Testament. Maybe we just don't understand the New Testament very well, and with the loss of Freddie Franz there are no Greek scholars left to properly interpret it for us. So we leave it alone. The Society's Commentary on the Letter of James appears to have been a one-shot deal, no other New Testament commentaries have followed. A pity, to be sure.

Thanks for a more realistic WT Study.

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

I'm also tired of this anointed-other sheep stuff. If the New Testament and the Great Commission were written/given for the anointed, where is the new book and new commission for the other sheep? If the New Testament was written for the anointed, what is its relevance to me, who would not be accepted by the WTS as anointed even if the holy spirit told me I was? Regardless of what the Spirit says, I was born at the wrong time, according to our doctrine.

"One Lord, one Faith, one Baptism." What happened to that?

We have painted ourselves into too many corners, and are too proud to crawl out.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Blondie,

these few lines to thanks for your excellent review and the comments together

with many useful quote, concerning the "weekly Wt study".

I can hardly find anything in your comments where I would disagree.

The application is logical....and painfully true.

I do believe that you, among others are a real 'gem' to this board.

So thanks again for all your time and effort and I'm sure that many,

many on this Board really appreciate your weekly 'review/study'!

All the best to you and your family,

greetings, James Charles MacHislopp

P.S. Enjoy your holydays!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The Society's Commentary on the Letter of James appears to have been a one-shot deal, no other New Testament commentaries have followed. A pity, to be sure.

Others have commented extensively on this in past threads. This book scared the WTS sh**less. The verse by verse recital of the rampant hypocrisy in the first century congregations along with problems caused by "warring factions" (chiefly elders) hit too close to home. The friends recognized their own congregations in these writings; the other thing they recognized is how far afield JW infrastructure was from the early church.

And with that, it was, bye, bye, back to the thing we're REALLY good at: Prophecy!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Blondie, I appreciated your calling attention to the Society's penchant for using ``snippets" or selected portions of scriptures-- as if it weren't bad enough to take lifted one whole verse intact out of context. It kind of reminds me of the publicists for movies who turn an unfavorable review into a glowing one by the ....... method of omitting key words or phrases from a direct quote.

It may surprise JWs and the fundies who seem to think the modern Bible fell out of heaven intact, formatted exactly as we have it today, when the very division of the Bible into chapters and verses is relatively recent. What does that suggest" That the writers intended for their books to be read from beginning to end. Granted topical study has its uses, but it is vulnerable to considerable abuses, as the WT doctrinicians amply demonstrate!

• blondie
    blondie

Good comments all. I am still on the road and limited to my online time. I will post later what gems you gave me to put in my jewel box.

Blondie (on the road again)

• blondie
    blondie
    This one revelation is what freed me. It is inextricably linked to the "generation" doctrine that fell in Nov. 1995. This is the magicians' table that the entire house of cards is built upon.

Perry, this just finally dawned on me. The last 2 years of studying the WTS books about Daniel and Isaiah had me wondering why 1919 is being more stressed than 1914. It led be to that realization that 1914 and 1919 were extricably linked in the WTS lore.

Hi OHD,

It really disappoints me to see that, but our very name, Jehovah's Witnesses, puts us back into the Old Testament.

The WTS is trying to change that by setting up a corporation called "The Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses." You might have noticed that at the DC sites the digital signs say CCOJW instead of "Watchtower Convention." They got aced out of using "Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses" when another group trademarked that name.

The Society's Commentary on the Letter of James

appears to have been a one-shot deal, no other New Testament commentaries have followed. A pity, to be sure.

That book was authored by Ed Dunlap who headed the School of Gilead until he was kicked out of Bethel and labeled an apostate about the time Ray Franz left. I’m surprised the book is on the WT-CD. These following points are excellent.

I'm also tired of this anointed-other sheep stuff. If the New Testament and the Great Commission were written/given for the anointed, where is the new book and new commission for the other sheep? If the New Testament was written for the anointed, what is its relevance to me, who would not be accepted by the WTS as anointed even if the holy spirit told me I was? Regardless of what the Spirit says, I was born at the wrong time, according to our doctrine.
    "One Lord, one Faith, one Baptism." What happened to that?

Thanks, JC.

The application is logical....and painfully true.

The WTS makes is so easy. (nice to see you back too)

Hey there, willyloman.

The friends recognized their own congregations in these writings; the other thing they recognized is how far afield JW infrastructure was from the early church.

And the WTS can be guaranteed that few actually read their Bibles in book order even when the book of James comes up on the schedule every 5 th year.

Room 215,

Actually, the WTS had a side article that discussed this within the last 2 years.

It may surprise JWs and the fundies who seem to think the modern Bible fell out of heaven intact, formatted exactly as we have it today, when the very division of the Bible into chapters and verses is relatively recent.

But then most JWs don’t read those articles. That is why for a long time the WTS made them the basis of the instruction talks. I have a Message Bible that does not have verse designations. It has been a challenge.

Like I said, everyone had such insight in their comments. It has given me several more personal side study projects to add to my list at home.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

It appears that the "slave" will include not just the remnant. So say my Bethel spies. Look for "new lite" to show that there's a blending of the anointed remnant and certain ones of the "great crowd".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit