If you had to

by rolliepollie 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rolliepollie
    rolliepollie

If you had to follow one religion, what would it be and why?

• cofty
    cofty

Something like a Universalist Church. Intellectual freedom is crucial and you can be part of that church while not having to believe anything literally.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The least intrusive religion....... preferably with a women pastor.......and no church sponsored dogma. A universalist approach...... believe what works for you.

Probably look at a Buddhist group.

Quakers might work.

But my preference is non belief so being a Human Secularist works best for me. It's not a religion but an ethical approach to life.

Secular humanism, or simply humanism, is a philosophy or life stance that embraces human reason, ethics, and philosophical naturalism while specifically rejecting religious dogma, supernaturalism, pseudoscience, and superstition as the basis of morality and decision making.

If anyone is interested to see where you fit within the spectrum of religions....... try this simple survey: http://www.selectsmart.com/RELIGION/

My survey result was definitely Human Secularist, no dues, no meetings just a rational approach to life

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

• stillin
    stillin

Jehu, I've considered joining the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. But there are no churches listed locally! There are some beautiful artists' depictions of this God to be found online.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

a church that serves free beer.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

rolliepollie, you ask some provocative questions but I'm beginning to get the sense that you got some kind of ulterior motive here, am I right? Do you want to convert us to one faith or another? Just be honest with me here.

• blondie
    blondie

I looked and decided not to affiliate with any; every one had something I could not ascribe to. Ray Franz never affiliated with any religion after he left. He suggested I read a book by Charles Davis, an ex-catholic priest.

https://www.amazon.com/Question-Conscience-Charles-Davis/dp/0340037490

• jp1692
    jp1692

None.

• rolliepollie
    rolliepollie

@John

I'm agnostic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit