New Age Therapies ??

by sens 25 Replies latest members private

• Odrade
    Odrade

rose quartz crystal "for beginners" LOL! Heart chakra, wear it on a chain over your heart.(4th chakra) It helps with "self-love, unconditional love, and heals the heart. Releases blockages from unexpressed emotion, wounded heart and internalized pain. Aids positive affirmations for self-trust and self-worth. encourages self-forgiveness and acceptance." (paraphrased from "An Illustrated Guide to Crystals")

and LOL! your nlp therapist must have had some exposure to cults already. Knew Reiki wasn't for the average dub! LOL!

Odrade

• sens
    sens

its weird you say that actually because...he said i have some 'blockage' when it comes to spiritual things...he said i seem to have a fear of anything outside christianity...at the time I bolted like a good dub should..lol...but now it has me thinking. He gave me these 'flower remedy drops'...but I havent really got into them yet...I take one for stress and it has helped a bit

He said I need to work on releasing this blockage I have, but I didnt go back so I have no idea how...lol

3 Sens 4

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have heard that reiki helps a lot w stress. Tai chi takes a yr to learn the basics. Maybe the best start is meditation. A simple one is sitting in a chair, relaxed. Count your outbreaths from one to five, over and over for 15 minutes per day. Don't worry about demons. It's just dealing w stuff in your own head. The idea is to detatch and observe your own thoughts.

SS

• sens
    sens

SS...

I remember when I told a sister ages ago I wanted to try meditation..she told me this is when the demons take over...when you block out thoughts..lol

thats why im abit 'hesitant' to try reiki they have the same thoughts on that...I dont believe its the demons behind all these things , but still have a sense of paranoia as to what to try and what not to...thats what Id also like to get over...the fear of the 'demonz' lol

• Satanus
    Satanus

I suppose reading about stuff, how to do it, and other peoples' experiences from it is a way to get the courage to try something new. One does need to go slowly, not jump in blindly. There is alot of flackery and some abuse in the new age stuff. A person can get hurt. By all means, take your time, test the waters first. There is no rush, you have the rest of your life to check out everything. Armageddon isn't coming, anymore. If a meteorite hits, the dubs are going to be vaporised along w everybody else, atheists, born againers, new agers, cats, dogs, etc.

SS

• sens
    sens
    Armageddon isn't coming, anymore. If a meteorite hits, the dubs are going to be vaporised along w everybody else, atheists, born againers, new agers, cats, dogs, etc.

lol SS...

Will do some more reading ...

thanks 2 everyone again for the info

3Sens4

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Perhaps the Western World has withdrawn into itself for so long a period of time, like a heavy duty protective blanket, that has ended up nearly smothering its own self; while on the other hand, the Eastern culture, has been tuned into the inner core of one's being and have an understanding of deeper things which is part of their culture. There is a balance to all things.

New age to me just means that what was once so tightly wrapped and secretly hidden by those who would wish to maintain control of all, is finally beginning to burst forth, to grow and blossom in this beautious garden of posibilities. We are certainly awakening to all these new ideas, like new varieties of flowers, with their bright and delightful colors and scents; and we are taking part in cross-pollenating humankind by this open exchange into the core of what it means to be human. We are on our way to healing many things gone wrong throughout the entire world. It is truly a wonderful time to be living.

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

she told me this is when the demons take over...when you block out thoughts

I understand completly. It took me many years of avoiding everything spiritual to get over the fear and nervous heart palpatations if I even thought of doing anything considered alternative by the org. what a waste! I started with Shiatsu massage and accupuncture (to treat stress and hypertension). Told them to do whatever they felt I needed and just don't tell me. After awhile I got curious due to the fact that I was getting healthier and happier, and started being able to talk about these things. Now I am much freeer and explore many avenues and the only demons out there are JW demons. hmmmpfh! they are certainly among the most evil!

• sens
    sens

Redwitch....good point...

I remember when I was going to take up yoga, one sister gave me a pile of magazine's about avoiding spiritism...I mean they totally twist up anything they can with the demons.

3 Sens4

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yoga..............great stress reliever, and it is more of a workout that I ever would have believed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit