Do you know someone....

by Elsewhere 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Hey, Frank, kiss it :)

We all know people who are self-centered enough to cause emotional pain just to have their way. Who doesn't know someone like that?

• Scully
    Scully

Yes.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

of course, and i hardly think it's uncommon. i tend to believe that people are naturally self-centered...not in a bad way at all, it's simply a mode of survival. i'm absolutely certain that i've done things that cause pain to others in the pursuit of things that i consider important. i'd never intend my actions to cause anyone pain, but i wouldn't change my actions either, so i guess i'm not a terribly noble person.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I know several, and I do not count them among my friends.

• shera
    shera

yes..sad to say

• talesin
    talesin

yes, there's lots of them around.

'Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.'

It's good to identify these ones so that you are not their next victim.

tal

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Umm. . I'm sure that I've harmed someone to get what I want. Don't we all?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Umm. . I'm sure that I've harmed someone to get what I want. Don't we all?

True... To get a job one must "harm" the other applicants... but this is not really an act of malice.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Would I be willing to harm someone to get what I want.

Depends on who it is.

99% of the time, no, I do not advocate violence.

However in the remaining 1%... I would be willing to do just about anything.

IMHO, I'd see nothing wrong with bloodying Ted Jaracz face a little bit. Maybe even a little Chinese water torture. After all, he and his cronie GB members have no problem adhering to doctrine which kill countless people every year. Why not see him with a black eye and a paralyzed body crying for his nonexistent tribal god to save him.. suffering a little bit instead of living high off the hog with his cocky ass mouth (as seen on BBC Panorama)?

Just my 2 cents.

• sens
    sens

Yes...sadly I do...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit