Venus and Serena's sister shot and killed

by Lutece 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Lutece
    Lutece

I just heard about this shooting on yahoo.

http://news.yahoo.com

• Xandria
    Xandria

COMPTON, Calif. - An older sister of tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams ( news - web sites) was shot to death Sunday, and sheriff's deputies surrounded a house where three suspects were barricaded, authorities said.

Yetunde Price, 31, of Corona, was gunned down shortly after midnight in the Los Angeles suburb of Compton following a confrontation with some residents, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Scott Butler said.

She was pronounced dead at a hospital.

At about 6 a.m., about 40 deputies surrounded a home where three people believed involved in the confrontation were barricaded, Deputy Richard Pena said. No arrests were immediately made.

Price was one of five Williams sisters who spent their early years in Compton. The family later moved to Florida.

Price was identified as a registered nurse and a business management major in Venus Williams ( news - web sites )' personal information listed in the 2003 media guide for the WTA Tour.

X

• Panda
    Panda

Why would someone shoot a nurse? Stupid people in this world.

• minimus
    minimus

That is sad..... I hope no one ridicules the Witnesses because of this tragedy. Compton is one tough area!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    gunned down shortly after midnight in the Los Angeles suburb of Compton following a confrontation with some residents,

Not a brilliant thing to be doing in Compton after midnight.....but sad nevertheless....

Frannie B

• Maverick
    Maverick

I lived not too far from Compton, used to go door to door there. Only during the week and always in the mornings. Sorry to hear this. I love tennis and always plan a light work week for the majors. Been to the open at Rod Laver. Well the parties over for the girls. Welcome to the real world. I can't even guess how this will change them! Maverick

• Brummie
    Brummie

How sad, she did an awesome job and her death deserves to be mourned.

Brummie

• casurfguy
    casurfguy

My prayers go out to the family. I wish them the best during this awful period.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

How sad for the family. You can see why people do not get involved in an argument. My thoughts are with their family.

Leslie

• Prisca
    Prisca

I was shocked when I heard the news this morning.

My condolences go out to the Williams family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit