What kind of tree would you be?

by Panda 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

I was reading a book on Celtic beliefs. And as the western beliefs have the zodiac; and the asians have the 12 animals who came to Buddha, so the Celts believe different trees represent basic characteristics in humans.

So ok which kind of tree would you be ? I would be an oak. Strong and long lived, and I think that the last Lord of the Rings movie had walking oaks!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Olive.

Provides comforting shade, nourishing food, and is sloppy as hell.

GentlyFeral

• talesin
    talesin

willow

Although it looks fragile, it is amazingly strong and can bend with the stormy winds instead of breaking. Its roots reach deeply into the earth on its quest for water and nutrients, so it is solidly grounded.

(though I wouldn't mind bein' a magnolia for a while - they're so pretty!)

tal

• Xena
    Xena

I was thinking weeping willow too talesin

• talesin
    talesin

What beautiful pic, Xena!

Hey Panda

Just saw Lord of the Rings II this week - the talking/walking oaks were amazing - just what you would think - strong, protecting the weak. Awesome Movie.

tal

• yxl1
    yxl1

Banana. Heh heh

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

A rose bush.....I'm scared of heights, but I like to smell nice and I'm kinda thorny...

Frannie B

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

ELM TREE Majestic, grows to heights of over 100 ft, and spreads it's protecting branches over all. The last to lose her covering, and lives longer, much longer than the 5 -6 generations who live alongside her magnificance.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

According to this site:

http://www.paradiseawaits.com/Tree.html

...I'm a Chestnut Tree

Of unusual beauty, does not want to impress, well-developed sense of justice, vivacious, interested, a born diplomat, but irritate and sensitive in company, often due to a lack of self-confidence, acts sometimes superior, feels not understood, loves only once, has difficulties in finding a partner.
  • ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

Douglas Fir, probably because its the one I see most often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit