Answer to E-watchman re: Is questioning reporting time just nit-picking?

by truthseeker 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

The idea of the Watch Tower group doing a business procedure like the accounting of time spent in literature distribution and proselytizing new members into the group is not a real bother to me. What is a real bother to me are rules like the guidelines surrounding the blood medical treatment issue and threats of shunning parents who are permitted to celebrate the anniversary of their marriage but can not celebrate the anniversary of the birth of their child (without facing possible shunning) because of the belief that the celebration of the anniversary of a birth came from origins pagan in nature.

Nothing I have researched has a more pagan origin than nude bathing. But there are no rules against nude bathing. Why? That's my question for the week . . . . GaryB

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Time shmime. Who cares anyway? Not me, as long as the WT does not address pedophiles going in door to door activity. If I go to the door of a well informed person, he has the right to be suspicious of me, as he will have learned that NOTHING can keep a pedophile, confessed, convicted or otherwise, from going to the door of strangers as one of Jehovah's witnesses. That fact is beyond belief to me; it shocks the thinking person. I live 75 miles from a congregation where a known abuser, some fifteen girls including his own sister, walks through the hall with his head high and goes from door to door. Is it any wonder I am Pistoff?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thank you all for your input. Yes, it's true there are bigger fish to fry, such as the peodophile cover up and the UN scandal.

I get so sick of it all. I was one who struggled, literally, just to get my 8 hours a month in. No one really wanted to work with me, so half my time was street work and return visits.

Now, I just don't care anymore, and I report the national average, whatever it is.

When I came into the truth, I didn't realize it was going to be like this - for the rest of my life. It's non-stop, demanding, do more and I have had enough.

Metatron makes some excellent posts about the current feelings brewing inside the org - he's spot on.

Gary Buss - you're posts are insightful.

I think you get to a point, when you;ve seen so much and uncovered so much that was hidden from you, you just outgrow this religion. Although we all know how hard it is to stay in when you've seen the man behind the curtain.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I agree with Pistoff and Gary that time is not a big deal, in the scheme of things. But it can sometimes be a 'high-impact' issue, because every JW has felt the tyranny of the time slip. Even when I used to enjoy field service, I found that having an hour requirement spoiled it for me.

Sometimes small issues can serve as a wedge. I wasn't ready to start questioning the WTS on large matters until I questioned small things first.

And frankly, the tyranny of 'do more, do more' as represented--and enforced--by the time slip is one of the biggest effects that the religion has on people in day-to-day life.

• archangel01
    archangel01

Leave that false Org., because in the end it's going to be gone an all who put there trust in it will be too. Read Zep.cha1 vs 2-3 Judgement on the earth ,sky, sea also see 2 peter cha 3. Go to Jesus John 14:6 He is the WAY, the Truth, an the Life....!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit