Do you know anything about Live Kingdom Hall?

by Hecce 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hecce
    Hecce

I learned recently about this link that allows for a person to listen or watch the meetings at the KH that have contracted the service. You have the option to watch the meeting live or just listen. There will be a recording of the audio available until the next meeting.

I don't think that this is an official WT arrangement, it might be a private enterprise like the preaching materials . I was wondering if anyone knows more about this.

https://www.livekingdomhall.com/

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

This made me imagine what would surely be a terrible show on bravo: Next time, on Kingdom Hall Live! Brother Stevens makes a shocking announcement! Will brother Henderson get disfellowshipped? Has sister Meyers been secretly dating a worldly boy? It's all going to be exposed next week!

In all likelihood it's just someone that figured they might be able to get a little cash out of the cult. If it were official it'd probably just be on JW.org. And knowing the cult's penchant for control, it'd probably be a feature that isn't even listed until you've logged in and have been approved by a local elder to use it. Also, they'd use that font that they were so proud of when they released the new bible.

• Hecce
    Hecce

OneEyedJoe

I think that this is a private enterprise. As to the access, it seems like is similar to the listening arrangement where you need a pin to get in. I can see also that you have to login.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I guess the video part is new, but my mother used to dial in and listen to the meetings when she got older and couldn't get to the KH

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

its been going for a while (more than 10 years at least) and is a wt arrangement but you cannot watch as it is only listen in - make sure you have it on silent though as otherwise the congregation can hear you listening to TV, doing your ironing or if you have fits of coughing

• Hecce
    Hecce

Ruby

This is a variation of the old listening arrangement, now you can watch the meeting live. The listening arrangement was with private concerns, not WT; I assume that this is just the same.

Thanks

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

oh I see

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

If this is Wt, this this will be the 1st stage to going fully on line. Now they can sell all their real estate as there is no longer a need for physical buildings.

• Hecce
    Hecce

The arrangement has to have the WT blessing, otherwise the elders won't be allowed to permit this at the KH. I don't think that is official and I don't know it if it is on JW.ORG but they could be getting a contribution from this.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Most likely a WTBTS RBC enterprise, there are a number of them that do the TV's, special phone hookups, lecterns etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit