18-Year Old Daughter Moves in with Boyfriend and studying to become a witness

by RunAwayDaughter 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

My heart goes out to you. You appear to be doing everything right by being calm and loving. she’s still young and she will start to miss you. Stay focused, keep the lines of communication open and try your best to stay calm when you talk to her. She’s clearly getting involved with JWs because of her boyfriend not because she wants to change religion. You are so far away and I’m hopeful she’ll miss you all so much she’ll come home. Don’t send her those documents will you? If she needs them, she’ll have to come home first.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Why don't you supply her with some very pointed questions to pose to those who are studying indoctrinating her? Such questions will assuredly trigger an adverse reaction towards her from all of the JW's in the household. If that doesn't open her eyes, nothing will.

PM me if you'd like some relevant Bible v JW literature suggestions.

• RunAwayDaughter
    RunAwayDaughter

Phoebe - I love your response about the documents. I've had several people tell me to send them to her and I appreciate the reasons why. But those documents are the insurance that she has to come home at some point.

• Brenda Cook
    Brenda Cook

Thank you for letting me share. I am so sick of this situation. My granddaughter is such a good "adult". Thank you for your comments. Please help me to get through it. I am trying to stay calm but I just want to reach out and hug her. When I communicate with her, I just tell her that I love her. Is there any thing I could say that may make her think about leaving CA and return home. It is so hard for me to accept what she and he have done. Brain washing, total control, no ID, no money, etc., dependence on someone else for the necessities of life, food, shelter. We had special "girls day" - usually shopping - away from the boys. I am heartbroken.

• RunAwayDaughter
    RunAwayDaughter

Thank you everyone. I believe in the power of prayer. Several friends sent this to me today from Jesus is Calling, a daily devotional:

March 22

REJOICE AND BE THANKFUL! As you walk with Me through this day, practice trusting and thanking Me all along the way. Trust is the channel through ichi My Peace flows into you. Thankfulness lifts you up above your circumstances.

I do My greatest works through people with grateful, trusting hearts. Rather than planning and evaluating, practice trusting and thanking Me continually. This is a paradigm shift that will revolutionize your life.

PSALM 9 5:2; PSALM 9 :10

I will not be posting anything else. All of you have helped me with your guidance including giving me the tools to educate myself. Your words have calmed me and I've dropped the rope. If you would like to stay in touch, please send me an email message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit