JW strangers say mean things to you at assemblies?

by jwbot 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

JW's can be rotten, but what about the "brutally honest" JW strangers at assemblies? I have had some issues with the general meaness JW's are to people that they do not even know, and are JW's.

Example 1: I was maybe 13 years old and I was a fast developer, I had big boobs basically. Well a dress I had was really nice...my parents would not have let me wear something that was not apprepriate for me, but I guess the dress was low (I didn't think so) and when I was in the bathroom at the assembly at the mirror, a woman just came up to me and was like "you are showing all the assets you have to offer" or something to that effect. UM MY BOOBS ARE ALL I HAVE TO OFFER? right. I felt bad for her, but at that point, I became so self conscious I went back to my seat and stayed there the whole time with a sweater in 80 degree weather.

Example 2: When I was 15, I remember some older woman, completely random, just looking me up and down in complete disgust...and I couldn't figure out why. I was wearing really high healed shoes, the big soled ones...and my skirt was right at my knees, was that it? That look always stuck with me.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Some people are just rude idiots. When I encounter someone like that, I am thankful that I am not them. What a miserable existance.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((jwbot))))) People can be really mean, can't they? I'm sorry (and if it was my mom who gave you that "look" -- she was expert at it -- I'm doubly sorry). Well, if your avatar is any indication, you're very beautiful and only deserve nice looks.

Nina

• Prisca
    Prisca

Don't let those bitches worry you Jwbot - they were probably jealous

• Panda
    Panda

jwbot, You probably just looked cute and modern. Some people are plain hateful when it comes to cute and modern. I never understood that. You knew that you felt good and your parents thought it was okay, so whatever the problem these women had ---hey I bet that if your Mom had been w/ you they wouldn't have said anything!

• Francois
    Francois

In my experience, there is nothing quite so catty and mean as a woman who has just been outclassed by a young girl (and who has bigger boobs to boot). I think I would have smiled and said in my best radio announcer voice, "Now you too can have nice hooters, just $3,000 the pair. See your local plastic surgeon for details. Of course MINE are real. Want to cop a feel lady?") and marched out giggling with my chin high.

But that's just me.

Be glad you weren't like them.

francois

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

jwbot, the same things were said to me, usually by old, scrawny, flat-chested sisters in the congregation, often within earshot of other mean-spirited people who join in. It is hurtful and unnecessary. The only way they can make themselves feel better is by putting down someone else. You can always smile very sweetly, and say "thank you, you look like SH*t too."

A Pio. Sister in my congregation always had to criticize my appearance, especially shoes (too high heeled). I didn't have nice clothes and wore my mom's hand me downs, so i probably did look awful, and i didn't like to iron. In response to her nagging, I wore a new, pressed dress (ankle-length, brown polyester) and flat shoes to field service one day, and she laughed and told me I looked like a school marm.

This fashion adviser Pioneer looked like a dried-out chicken carcass with leathery skin, and always wore beige or brown sack dresses and flat shoes, plus she had hair like a brillo pad, sticking out in all directions. Her comments were nasty and petty, and it was over 20 years ago, but if I still want to rip her little head off and spit down her neck

• Xena
    Xena

Sad thing is while I wasn't someone who said those things I probably did think them from time to time. Women in the "truth" are brought up pretty much to think of two things marrage and pioneering. And you get married so you can pioneer. You are also considered pretty much over the hill after 25 and if you are older and have a kid or two, good luck finding a decent man. This tends to make an otherwise normal women bitter and nasty....I know, I was one of them

In retrospect I am disgusted at the petty judgemental person I was...but I guess I was a product of my environment. Not excusable but perhaps a bit more understandable?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Sorry to hear about that ol' "green-eyed" jealousy gettin in your face, jwbot...it wasn't anything but pure jealousy, for sure....

But, yes, an elder DID say and do something very mean, both to us and to a pair of elderly, physically challenged sisters during an assembly one time.....my children and I were seated in the elderly/handicapped section with two elderly/physically challenged sisters we had provided transportation and rooms for....we were seated with them in the section so we could help them get up and down the stairs to the bathroom and fetch their food and any publications they chose to buy.....an elder came and ran us out....would NOT allow nor listen to any reasoning as to why we were in that section to assist those sisters....I hated his guts for that.....

Frannie B

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Not particularly mean, but humorous to me nonetheless:

The District Convention that we attended this year was held in an auditorium that is rather old and run down and soon to be demolished. The seats are cramped, the corridors narrow, the aisles even narrower.

At intermission a veritable horde was jammed up and slowly making it's way through the bottleneck. Someone said rather loudly, "Boy, this place is really crowded!"

A man (brother?) who was nicely dressed just like a dub, clean cut, wearing a badge (looked like he could be an elder) said just as loudly, "Well, it wouldn't be so bad if all these f*****g people would get out of the way!"

Interestingly, there was a ripple of laughter through the crowd. Cracked me up!

Syrup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit