OUR MENTAL HEALTH

by RAYZORBLADE 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Aztec
    Aztec

Petty, great post!

Ray, some days I feel very together and some days I don't. I've had some major stress in my life lately and that isn't helping. Every time that I think I'm over the JW bull something comes up. Add to that the major stress of my job (which I have to go to shortly) and I think I am ripe for an ulcer. :-(

~Aztec

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((((Carrie))))

I'm sorry to hear you're stressing - I've been going through a bit myself this week We need to get together w/a bottle of wine & have a bitch & moan session - give me a jingle - perhaps wednesday night????

Love ya!

• Aztec
    Aztec

(((Rhonda)))

Wednesday would be great cause I may actually have a day off by then. I hope!

~Aztec

• JH
    JH
    how would you rate your present mental health?

It couldn't be any better. I'm perfectly stable in all conditions. Nothing can hurt me or throw me down. I hate no one and I am at peace all the time. I could go through terrible tribulations and come out with a smile. I think that I'm mentally very solid.

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

I try to take things one day at a time. It's tempting at times to think that the world is out to get you.

I find great comfort in knowing that everyone is more or less in the same boat as me and in the belief that there is a reason for all the crazyness. We might not find out the reason until after this life but I can live with that.

Everyone has problems and negative thoughts from time to time. IMO, anyone who claims otherwise is deluding themselves.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thanks to those who posted, and gave their thoughts by expressing themselves so openly and honestly.

It's not easy somedays, and I suppose, some of our old JW baggage affects us.....sometimes. But of course, with less frequency as time goes on.

Like Pettygrudger, it took me about 20 years. But then again, she and I did not have any internet back then, nor did we have a clue about 'support groups'. Things are way better nowadays.

Leddfootdja: like I've said to many people, it does get better with time.

Another thing, we all have each other, and have been in each others company, and sometimes just experiencing that, being in the moment, does wonders for the psycho-social aspect of our being.

The meet-ups/apostafests, really help give us validation, support and friendships. At least exJWs know what you've been through, and can relate.

It has taken me a long, long, long time. But I'm happier than I've ever been.

Rayzorblade

• blaid
    blaid

heh..mental health getting better..or worse, its hard to tell these days.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

well i'm glad to hear that it does get better over time, because i for one am a mess right now. at least there's a beacon of hope.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

For a while after my ex-fiance had left me, I started building up my spirits, and I started feeling better than I ever have. When my ex-roomate screwed me, I was forced to move back in with my parents. Things have been going downhill ever since. I'm sure I'll recapture the spirit I once had after I move out at the end of the month. It's difficult being mentally strong when your current situation is continually putting a negative effect on your mental health. It's been a long time since I've felt this stressed out. I still have half a month to go, but I know I'll make it. It seems as if things are continually getting worse, and I have to dwell on it even more. I also know that there's more to come. Yeah, I needed to rant.

After I break out of the trap I'm stuck in, I'll start working on my self-improvement again.

• Valis
    Valis
    For some peculiar reason I always go through alternating moods of euphoria and despair around 4.50pm on a Saturday afternoon.

hot flashes?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit