“There’s nothing out there in the world for you...”

by Jules Saturn 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

How would you guys react if or when you were told this phrase by a JW while having a conversation?

Another phrase is “This world...” or “This system, like gum will chew you up and when it’s done with you, spit you right back out.”

One I’ve been personally told was from a convert that had told me “Whenever I speak to young ones that want to know if the grass is greener on the other side, I tell them I was a part of it. It’s like running out of a building on fire and watching people trying to get in while it’s in flames and about to collapse and I question ‘Why are they trying to get in?’”

~Jules

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

It's a total inversion. IF they want to make a direct comparison, the org should be the building, so the people could be in or out the building. You decide if it's on fire or not...

• mrssauk
    mrssauk

Honestly there’s really nothing to say in response to those examples.... 😔

• John Free
    John Free

Many Bethelites that were chewed up and spat out by the org in the recent cuts are now recieving sustanence and covering by the evil world’s state benefit systems.

Meanwhile the evil UN organisation that Jehovah is going to chew up and spit out is working hard to secure the freedom of Jehovah’s witnesses in Russia.

http://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/united-nations-calls-for-jehovah-s-witnesses-religious-freedom-id7465210.html

• steve2
    steve2

“This system, like gum will chew you up and when it’s done with you, spit you right back out.”

Sound like Bethel layoffs to me.

My maternal JW grandfather helped establish congregations in New Zealand during the 1930s through early 50s. He then developed health problems which culminated in needing to slow down big time in the mid 1960s. One of the local congregations replaced him with a younger Presiding Overseer without so much as a "Thank you for all your service, brother."

He was left with a beaten up old car and a drab rental property that he and my grandmother lived in until their respective deaths in the 1970s. You'd never know they had existed and slaved for the organization for decades.

That's true spitting out for you.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JULES SATURN:

They could never get away with saying that to me because I wasn't raised a JW and already knew what was in the "world", i.e. society outside the Kingdom Hall.

That silly phrase only works for a while on some born-in minor or some other JW raised in a broom closet.

Idiot Witnesses sound SO stupid when they knock the "world". They should give this ignorant phrase a rest since it is THEY that are so dependent on the big bad world. People have to go out and earn a living in the world. The Witnesses are not a little village in ancient Israel and they should stop pretending that they are.

It seems a more correct phrase would be that there's nothing for you in the religion.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

They spin it both ways.

They warn you not to leave because the world is so awful and will chew you up and spit you out. (failure)

When things don't go well, they'll say it's because Satan is extra diligent about bringing JW's to ruin.

Or

They'll warn you not to leave because the material riches and physical pleasures that one can easily access and get distracted by out there in the world, (success) will all soon come to an end.

When those who leave and have success, they say Satan loves to distract former servants of Jehovah, by making sure they are successful.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That's one of the many ways in which they hinder children's development. That's so messed up for those born in.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Have had better experiences and more meaningful relationships than I ever had as a JW.

Over 10 years out.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sounds a bit like when I decided to fade. Very little concern at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit