If You Had Your Whole Adult Life Ahead of You....

by Frannie Banannie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Exit Counsellor!!! hahaha. ...well, maybe not so hahaha. hmmm.....

Odrade???? Maybe it's too early for my brain to kick in...but I haven't a clue here...

I'm a network administrator, and I like what I do, so I would most likely choose the same career path. I just wish I started sooner, and I regret not having a university education.

I have the same regret, Walter....btw, just what does a network administrator do? It is rarely that someone finds their proper "nitch" in career choices...you're lucky...

Frannie B

• jwbot
    jwbot

Well, I definitely know I am one of the lucky ones because I got out of the religion right in time (18-20 years old). So I do have my adult life ahead of me.

I am on my forth year of getting my BA in New Media, an up-and-coming field in the computer arts and internet area. I am very excited. In about a year, when I get my degree, there are going to be several great jobs waiting for me, I will probably have to be a web developer for a while under some companies employ.

Additionally, my life partner and I have a company we are working on in the web development field, and just this month, got a huge client that will bring us a couple thousand dollars a month. That will get me through graduate school where I will try to get two degrees at the same time, in business and something arts-related.

After that...well its all open. Ideally, I would love to be a proffessor in the New Media department at my school, the department is developing nicely and I would love to be a part of one of the only schools in the nation currently developing in this field. Some of the greatest artistic minds are heading up this department and I have so much admiration for them and would love to work along side them.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    just what does a network administrator do?

I set up and maintain servers, workstations, firewalls, switches, routers, software, etc. for our computer network. I also provide support to end users, and try to do so patiently, without choking them.

Lately I've been trying to encourage people to observe System Administrator Appreciation Day which is celebrated annually on the last Friday of July. So far no luck.

Check out the site at http://www.sysadminday.com

It's not too late to prepare for next year!!!

Show your Sysadmins that you LOVE THEM!!!

Throw a party! Buy them BEER!!!

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• Vanant
    Vanant

When I was small, I loved math and science and dreamed about working in academics or engineering someday. But in secondary school, I ran into problems in school, and thought I would do something else... I like foreign languages for their sounds and orthographies, and thought I would find some job using those skills, but since I'm not very good at or interested in communication, I don't think it would be a good idea. Now I think since I may only have one chance at university, I'd like to do something very challenging. I daydream of majoring in civil engineering someday, if I can get through the math . . .

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I definitely know I am one of the lucky ones because I got out of the religion right in time (18-20 years old). So I do have my adult life ahead of me. I am on my fourth year of getting my BA in New Media, an up-and-coming field in the computer arts and internet area. I am very excited.
    Additionally, my life partner and I have a company we are working on in the web development field, and just this month, got a huge client that will bring us a couple thousand dollars a month. That will get me through graduate school where I will try to get two degrees at the same time, in business and something arts-related.
    Ideally, I would love to be a professor in the New Media department at my school, the department is developing nicely and I would love to be a part of one of the only schools in the nation currently developing in this field. Some of the greatest artistic minds are heading up this department and I have so much admiration for them and would love to work along side them.

WOWOW, jwbot....you are BLESSED! How exciting for you, cherie! What wonderful goals....I wish you the best of the best, chica!

Cheers!

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    When I was small, I loved math and science and dreamed about working in academics or engineering someday. Now I think since I may only have one chance at university, I'd like to do something very challenging. I daydream of majoring in civil engineering someday, if I can get through the math . . .

Yes, Vanant! Sounds like a good plan, since this is where your interests have been from early childhood....and there are tutors who can help you thru the math....you might be able to work out a satisfactory "trade" with 'em by tutoring them in a subject you excell in...

Frannie B

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

I have my whole life in from of me also...

Maybe I'll help the poor, get an S.T.D (Doctors of Sacred Theology, not the other kind) Maybe in 10 years Rev. Dr. Ignorance is Strength will be on this board

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Maybe I'll help the poor, get an S.T.D (Doctors of Sacred Theology, not the other kind) Maybe in 10 years Rev. Dr. Ignorance is Strength will be on this board

That is too KEWL, Iggie! Let us know what you decide...

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit