If You Had Your Whole Adult Life Ahead of You....

by Frannie Banannie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Psychology / Marital Therapy

I've always scored well in the areas of empathy and advocacy / willingness to intercede in other's behalf.

One of the requirements to get hired where I work was that I had to take (not "pass") a DISC or personality test. The test's findings were like they always are. When it said that I'm "a peacemaker whose able to see many different viewpoints; and having the ability to focus on the people and not just the issue; sensitive to the feelings of others", I was not surprised.

I think I'd be good at it.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    What I meant, silly, is I haven't spent any time being an "adult" yet... so I have my whole adult life ahead of me ;)

Thanks for the "heads up", Phant...so....what're ya gonna be when YOU grow up, dude?

Psychology / Marital Therapy

I've always scored well in the areas of empathy and advocacy / willingness to intercede in other's behalf. One of the requirements to get hired where I work was that I had to take (not "pass") a DISC or personality test. The test's findings were like they always are. When it said that I'm "a peacemaker whose able to see many different viewpoints; and having the ability to focus on the people and not just the issue; sensitive to the feelings of others", I was not surprised. I think I'd be good at it.

Sounds like a "winner" Teej! I think you'd be good at it, too...

Frannie B

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    Tink, whatever path you choose, just be sure to check out the "down sides" with others who've followed it before you, cherie!

will do ... please point me in the direction of an artist-horse trainer-ballerina-therapist-personal trainer who writes children's literature in his/her spare time ;)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Tink, whatever path you choose, just be sure to check out the "down sides" with others who've followed it before you, cherie!

will do ... please point me in the direction of an artist-horse trainer-ballerina-therapist-personal trainer who writes children's literature in his/her spare time ;)

OMG!!!

Frannie B

• startingover
    startingover

I would take John Mellancamp's advice and learn how to play guitar.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I would take John Mellancamp's advice and learn how to play guitar.

SO, that's something I've always wanted to be able to do....maybe the next time around...(sigh)

Frannie B

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I would go to college, get a BS in history and a MS in economics, and go into international development with a non-governmental organization.

Now I'm going to make my living as a writer. So far magazines and contract jobs, but my book and screenplay are coming!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Exit Counsellor!!! hahaha.

...well, maybe not so hahaha. hmmm....

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I'm a network administrator, and I like what I do, so I would most likely choose the same career path. I just wish I started sooner, and I regret not having a university education.

Walter

Ontario District Overbeer

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I would go to college, get a BS in history and a MS in economics, and go into international development with a non-governmental organization. Now I'm going to make my living as a writer. So far magazines and contract jobs, but my book and screenplay are coming!

Mightily ambitious goal, Phant....and a worthy undertaking....and WOW! I think you're a terrific writer, Phant....let us know when you'll be published, ya hear?

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit