Yet another example of how silly the Bible is...

by Abaddon 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Okay, let's go along with the Flood story for a moment, to the point where Noah exits the Ark.

Here we have Noah, with two of each animal and seven of the clean animals; maybe a few dozen animals that were not essential to the future survival of the species.

What does god do?

Tells Noah he can eat animals now.

Are you telling me an all-wise, all-knowing god isn't capable of better planning than that? Which strikes you as more likely? That god is a malicious sod, or that god isn't very good at planning things, or that the story in the Bible was made up by someone?

• smack
    smack

made up?

never thought of that angle

Steve

• alfie
    alfie

HMMMMM

Never thought of it quite this way. Interesting too that the gestation period of most of the animals would have left Noah and his brood having to go hungry for quite a while during which time the carnivores(snackees) would also be wanting to eat which undoubtedly would be cause for the herbivores(snackors) to run like hell from the buffet thereby leaving the boat people eating veggies again.

Shall we carry on?

CIAO4NIAO!!!

alfie

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I vaguely remember an article that tried to wiggle around that problem in typical JW fashion....something like, "Obviously, Noah and his family brought along other animals to provide food." Something like that anyway.

• Simon
    Simon

Not only that, but wasn't the first thing Noah did was sacrifice some animals !!

Maybe it was the unicorns ...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I just want to point out that it's a generalization to claim that the whole bible is silly, based on individual stories therein.

The "golden rule" isn't so silly, yet you'll find it stated there. Sure it's found in other writings, along with some of their superstitious stuff, but that doesn't necessarily make them silly, either (albeit parts thereof obviously are).

It's another baby and bathwater thread, and I want to take my toys and play elsewhere, thank you very much!!!

I am silly, but not because I have obvious personality flaws, I just am, ok?!!!

• greven
    greven

Funny thing is that this also provides us with a testable claim!

Such a dramatic bottleneck in the genetic diversity could be measured today as we know mutation rates. And guess what? The genetic diversity is huge! No way there was such a decline in genetic diversity just a few thousands of years ago.

Greven

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ya know...I was never raised to believe this was a literal story but rather a literary one. That the bible contains spiritual truths...but that it's not a history or science book.

On the other hand...what the heck will they do if this next trek up Mt Ararat finds a great big wooden boat?

• obiwan
    obiwan

For what it's worth, these photo's were taken from space. http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/noahs_ark_010823-1.html

However abbadon, there are obviously holes in the Ark story told in the bible.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

The ark story just doesn't float with me.

-

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit