Being a Rude Jerk, It's Awesome!

by Simon 22 Replies latest social family

• Saename
    Saename

Image result for canada polite meme

Until Simon came around and ruined our reputation by telling a guy to move aside his shopping cart.

Bad Simon. We are so sorry. This is not us. We Canadians are always nice. Simon is the black sheep.

We are so so sorry for his extremism.

• smiddy
    smiddy

People on the phone when the poor check out chick is just trying to do her job.

People get to the check out chick and then decide to fumble to get their purse or wallet out to pay.

Your in a hurry but the person in front of you decides to have a parley with the check out chick about any and everything but what she is buying . (its never a he )

Friends who meet in the aisle block it and carry on a coversation oblivious to anybody else trying to get past.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I can't be too crazy or flip the bird because I drive my company car on and off the clock (nice perq). Drawback is the company logo on the sides. Which also makes me a target of bad drivers.

Got in an accident the other day, now the company is providing a rental from Enterprise.... sans-iogo.

***'evil grin*** guess who is flippin' the International Symbol of Displeasure to bad Drivers?

Snakes (Rich)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I get a wee bit upset when

a. drivers will not allow you to change lanes despite the fact that you have your turn indicator on. Instead they actually rush ahead to block your merge.

b. drivers adjacent to you who block your way at an intersection because they did not wait for the traffic ahead to clear the intersection at a light.

c. drivers, parallel to you as you wait for the traffic to clear the intersection jump into your lane as soon as your lane begins to move and theirs hasn't budged....causing you to take a red light.

Grrrrr!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Lynn Truss has a good book on the utter rudeness of modern folks, it's called "Talk to the Hand".

The only problem with reading it is you notice more things that are downright rude than you used to.

I find that I am now a veritable Victor Meldrew, a character from a brilliant Brit Sit Com called "One Foot in the Grave".

I need to devise coping mechanisms, which may involve, shock horror for a Brit, actually speaking out !

The problem with speaking out is here in the U.K you are now more than likely to get punched, or at the very least told to "!Fuck off , you wanker".

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I scream "MOVE!!" but inside my head.

A Spanish friend of mine said in Spain there's a way of testing if someone is British. She said you push your shopping trolley right into them and into the back of their legs. If THEY apologise, they're British.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You don't even have to talk - just crash into someone else's trolley and drive it out of the way or just push it down the isle -

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I never thought of Brits as being too polite. They are usually just rude in a smug supercilious way.

Oi, cheeky chops. I'm telling my Mum of you!

Well, it depends who it is really. There is no pigeon holing with we Brits. Having said that........ I've found Northerners to be quite surly. Southerners can be a bit sarcy. (that's 'snarky' to you yanks). Where I live, I get the best of both worlds, being a northern southerner.

Along with what Simon said, my favourite is when someone doesn't acknowledge that you went out of your way to help them. I follow them and say, 'That's okay. You're welcome. Will there be anything else?'. I enjoy a good punch in the face...makes my day.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Saename - "We Canadians are always nice."

We have hockey as an outlet.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

In my observation, Brits are able to be polite most of the time because when they cuss, they really don't f**k around.

That's their outlet. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit