Are You A Non-Practicing Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gspradling
    gspradling

I know my jw mom considers me a non-practicing jw, but I have been an Xjw for close to 30 years. I should have been disfellowshipped many times over. Either my mom has never turned me in or they just don't care in the her cong.

• minimus
    minimus

I know a lot of "inactive" Witnesses that regard themselves as former Witnesses but don't say it in case they're quoted.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The brothers would call me inactive and spiritually sick.No meetings or field service for over one year.

I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth,oops! quoting Lou Gerigh,the iron man of the yankees.I consider myself a skeptic,no longer a witness at all.

Blueblades

• mustang
    mustang

Hmmm....

As some mention, I avoid answering anything. I prefer that everybody is confused. The downside to that is an occasional conversion attempt.

As another said, it is nearly 30 years since I went to a meeting.

In a conversation with my Sister-In-Law, she once referred to herself as a "practicing JW". That leaves me (and her husband) in doubt

I will admit to being spiritually weak; but I AM PROUD OF IT!!!!!

Mustang

• minimus
    minimus

My wife mentioned that she told her other sister this afternoon that she is now "a non-practicing Jehovah's Witness". Her sister wanted to know how I felt about it. My wife said, "He's better than I am with it". Her sister expressed her happiness and we're supposed to go to a niece's birthday party this weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit