by Abbie 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Abbie
    Abbie

Hey all,

Ok lovely, my very first post and I post a empty post. Got carried away with the tab key! So glad there is an edit function! :)

I'm Leslie, aka AbbieNormal in other and past venues, disfellowshipped for 24 years. I grew up in northwest SC and northeast GA, but I have been in Texas for the last 23 years.

My friend, Country Girl (hey girl!), advised me to come tell my story here, but I am bored with my story. It's past, history, I have no interest in reliving the past. I cannot change things that happened to and around me in the past, but I can change the impact those things have on my now and my tomorrow.

I do have a warning though. Beware of people who tell you they have the answers, they can "fix" you, they are the savior or teacher you have been looking for or need...in ANY sense of those things. When we are in distress or trouble, sometimes we cast about for help and their are often wolves at the ready for just such a time. Don't believe claims of profession or credentials without seeing same. One of the things that the bORG did was to convince us not to listen to our instincts, not to trust them. Start listening for and to those quiet (and later not so quiet) instinctive reactions. TRUST them.

That being said, the world is NOT as dangerous as the bORG would have liked us to believe while we were in. At least not in the way THEY implied. Don't get me started on the current dangers, that'll get the right wingers all upset and we don't want THAT, do we??

Peace!

Les

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

welcome abbie!!!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yo Abbie !

• obiwan
    obiwan

Dear abbie (sorry, thought it sounded funny) welcome and enjoy

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Abbie: Welcome!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome Abbie! I'd love to hear your story of how you ended up here :)

• SpunkyChick
  • xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Abbie. You must be a newbie, you double topiced...LOL. Interesting life story there, looking forward to Part 2.

All kidding aside......Welcome to JWD.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Abbie! I have a thread just for you...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

If you mouse over your post you can edit it, if you accidentally pushed Send too early...

• Winston Smith :>D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit