My FIFTH anniversary is on Saturday....

by LDH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Hi guys! I've been trying to keep up with all of your lives, but I've been so busy lately. I just wanted to share my good news .I'm sure most of you have been married for a lot more than 5 years, so it might not be that big of a deal for you...but read on.

I wanted to hold out some hope for non-JWs who are married to a JW (whether active or passive.) A lot can happen in five years.For example, I've spent a good three of those years educating myself about this harmful cult, and encouraging others to examine their involvement with an organization that dictates friendships and families. I now consider myself to be a serious thinker about issues, instead of just parroting some crap I've read in a ragazine.

I've gone from casually "not caring" about JWs as long as they didn't bother me, and sometimes defending their practices (when I first met my husband 8 years ago).....to <gasp> APOSTATE. (As declared by my JW Family, not myself, by the way. I don't label myself with their words anymore).

Anyhow, not to drag on, I just wanted to tell you there is hope if you are in a relationship, even with a true believer. I'm sure my husband was DREADING being in a relationship with a passive JW, LOL. We have had our share of disagreements about religion.

But one thing is for sure--time, education, and self examination may be the cure for you. It worked for me. And, as JT says, this net thing changes everything.

Yup, it's true, you can get over this cult thing and get on with your life. You might even be able to marry a WORLDLY PERSON and have a stable relationship!

Love ya!

Lisa

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Happy Anniversary, Lisa!!!

Nina

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Whooooooohoooooooo Happy Anniversary (((Lisa))) *miss ya gal!*

5 wonderful years. Good for you. And the best is that there is life after jwism and it is a wonderful happy THINKING life.

Enjoy your day and lovely family!

j2bf

• locomente
    locomente

Happy Anniversary!!! And congrats also on being out and free! I was married 5 years one time, myself. It wasn't bad. Many happy returns on yours!

locomente

• nilfun
    nilfun

Happy Anniversary!

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> ... there is hope if you are in a relationship, even with a true believer... time, education, and self examination may be the cure for you.

Thanks, Lisa. I keep hoping that maybe... just maybe one day...

p.s. Happy Anniversary!! :-)

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Happy anniversary, LDH!

• dobby
    dobby

What a great post!

Happy, happy, happy anniversary!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Thanks for sharing a little hope with us....I needed it!

Congrats on your 5th anniversary too.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Congratulations, Lisa!

Also, thanks for the wise words.

PS...Let me know if you ever decide to get a divorce!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit