My father passed away....

by Alana 47 Replies latest jw friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sorry bout your Dad (((((((Alana))))))))

It must have been pleasent to hear a talk about your dad and not a Preaching rant...I honestly can say I've been to dozens of dub funerals in my life and none of them talked about the individual very much..only thier beliefs as a dub.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((((((((Alana))))))))))

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Alana,

Unlike the normal talks, which hardly spoke about the deceased and just preached to people, the brother who did the talk did an excellent job. He spoke alot about my dad, his likes, events in his life, and the talk was not too "JW-like". That meant alot to me, as well as to my worldly relatives.

I've never been to a jw funeral talk like that either. Such a pleasant change for you and your relatives. Makes sense when one thinks about it.

People were not snotty to me, as I expected. I am not DF'd or DA'd, but some in the past have chosen to shun me or cut me off from communications. But even those spoke to me and were kind.

It's good to know that jw's can act just like other folks sometimes - civil, and even kind.

I'm glad it worked out for you and your fiance. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! (I'm assuming on that one.)

waiting

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

My deepest sympathy on your loss. I know your father is the same age as my father and I can relate to what your going through.

Will

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I am so very sorry that your father died, Alana. I'm glad you had such a good talk at the service, though -- you deserved that much! That was very kind of the person who gave the talk. Please post and let us know how you are doing! Your grief will take a long time to pass, and please know that we are here to listen and help as we can.

Lots of love & hugs,

Nina

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

(((Alana))) - kindly accept my condolences.

I lost my father in November 2001. My impression is, that you cared a great deal about your ailing father.

Nonetheless, I extend my condolences and warmth at this time.

In Sympathy,
    Rayzorblade

• Brandy
    Brandy

(((((((((((((((((((Alana))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking loss.

hugs,

brandy

• riz
    riz

i'm sorry, Alana.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Sorry ((((Alana))))

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Please accept my condolencies.

Spanner