Birthday

by charonsdog 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

Pete....you just made me cry. Honestly. Because you expressed exactly what I'm feeling. We were so deeply ingrained with not drawing attention to ourselves that it seems wrong somehow to have others celebrate our milestones. I too, could never understand the ban on birthday celebrations. The "well, the only birthdays mentioned in the Bible were times when people died" bullshit reasoning never ever resonated with me. I found myself embarrassed trying to defend it when confronted about it in field service. Damn them for taking away something that should have been a happy part of our lives!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Happy birthday and OOHHH to be fifty again

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The big five o! Congrats happy birthday and have a good one!

• pontoon
    pontoon

For my 65th my girlfriend gave me a new Henry

Golden Boy .22 WMR. Beautiful. Smooth, smooth action. Accurate. I just love it. They actually are not too easy to find. If you know what this is, well you know what this is.

Happy birthday chraronsdog

• DesirousOfChange
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Happy Birthday!
    I am just a little older than you, and faded out over 2 years ago.

I enjoy my kids birthdays, but mine are just a reminder of time ticking away.

• Searril
    Searril

I had my first ever birthday party at 36 years old. It was a surprise occasion concocted by my wife and some friends.

I cried when it happened.

The Watchtower can kiss my ass. There's nothing wrong with friends and family showing love and appreciation for others.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Happy half-century, Charonsdog.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Happy birthday! I'm in my 30's and I never even had a birthday cake. Wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit