Is Mankind Born Evil....or Good?

by Farkel 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

To all players,

You are THINKING. I appreciate every reasoned response! More about that in a moment.

Deputy dog said:

: So what is the opposite of perfect? I will define perfect as Good. You can define the opposite of perfect any way you like.

The opposite of perfect is "not perfect." It doesn't matter how one defines perfect. The opposite of perfect is "not perfect," and that definition is the perfect opposite. The opposite of "doorknob" is "not doorknob." Every noun has its perfect opposite.

This off-topic, but I'll humor you here:

: So now I ask you has there ever been any perfect babies born? Yes or no.

Yes. All babies are born perfect, and all humans including me (shudder that thought!) Hitler were or are perfect. So there! Since you didn't define the set called "perfect" I picked a set and put "perfect" into that set. Just to torture you. I'm a logical guy, and I can smash any argument that is specious, or that expects people to accept a definition in an argument/question because MOST people accept that definition. Often enough, MOST people are wrong.

If you want to talk about "perfect" define it. My thread doesn't need a definition of "good" or "evil" because, as I've said, you can define "good" in any way you want, because "evil" will be the exact opposite of whatever definition you give to "good."

: How you answer that question should help you answer yours.

I answered your question, but my question is cosmic, and after much discussion with the good folks on this board and with conversations I've had with people not on this board, and with all the variables attached, I believe THIS cosmic question is one of those that (shudder again!) boils down to a matter of belief or faith. I believe that people in general are born "good" and will grow up being good. I cannot prove this, though, except emperically, and that is not enough.

I was going to provide evidence that the vast majority of people on this planet are good. However, there are other reasons for this: laws keep all the evil folks out of trouble, religion does the same, et. al.

No wonder the ancients who debated this never could provide a clear and logical argument either way.

I will now move on and procede to argue the good and evil merits of "pizza." I will need Minimus to help me out here, as I'm out of my league on this one and I need a pro for help here.

Farkel

• onacruse
    onacruse

Protagoras's On Truth, Plato's Cratylus and Theaetetus...innate (moral) reality and civil (ethical) standards; the truth of both, and the distinction between both.

Farkel, your question is flawed, by reason of the very words you chose.

Craig

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Farkel ate a booger and it tasted like sugar.

• Aztec
    Aztec

"I will now move on and procede to argue the good and evil merits of "pizza." I will need Minimus to help me out here, as I'm out of my league on this one and I need a pro for help here."

*rolls eyes*

Pizza is always good, we need no outside verification of that Farkel. I think Mini even understands that. BTW, spinich is my favorite topping.

~Aztec ;-)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Pizza ia always good

not around here it isn't. I've had my share of unedible pizza

• Farkel
    Farkel

onacruse,

: Protagoras's On Truth, Plato's Cratylus and Theaetetus...innate (moral) reality and civil (ethical) standards; the truth of both, and the distinction between both.

: Farkel, your question is flawed, by reason of the very words you chose.

Your response is unintelligible, by reason of the very words you chose and by the very lack of making a clear argument or rebuttal. Be specific and be concise. I do not respond to generalities, and will not. Clearly state WHAT part of the question was flawed and why.

If you cannot do this, Craig, and I suspect you cannot do this, then delete this post and your challenge. My question was certainly not flawed. It may be that the answer cannot be found, but my question was legitimate.

Moderators can delete with impunity and there are no tracks left!

Pflooooooooot!

Farkel, who doesn't take shit from anyone, including his friends....

• Aztec
    Aztec

And Farkel chooses to ignore my post. Heeeheee!

~Aztec

Men's are just so much smarter.....*vomit*

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Sparkle-

When a friend gives you something. . you should joyfully take it.

Azzie-

He ignored mine too; and I put a lot of thought into it. Oh and womenz iz smarter.

• Farkel
    Farkel

blackout,

: When you are talking about psychology you can't use absolutes, it doesnt work as no one and nothing is absolutely good or evil by anyones definition.

Not even God. Not even Jesus? Not even Hitler? By your definition above, the answer is "yes!" Well, THAT is interesting.

I'll get to the other comments, since the commentors insist upon it!

Farkel

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I thought about mine for 2 days and got ignored - then again I didn't throw the glove at him either

Then again maybe he is taking pity on the "weaker sex"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit