Are You Spending More Money This Year With The Economy Being Better?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have been buying more silver to take advantage of what little time there may be before the whole thing collapses. It is all propped up, and it will go down without warning. And, until that happens, they will make people think it's stupid to think it will--the longer it remains propped up, the more people will think of those who plan ahead as idiots, the worse off they will be when it does happen.

Of course, there are other things I need besides silver. I do buy things to replace things that get used up or crap out. But, by getting better quality items than what I used to as a jokehovian witless, things last longer before crapping out (important if you think the dollar will become toilet paper or these items will no longer be available). I also get items to worship the sun--including lights. I participate in at-work Christmas gifts when appropriate, and I got a nice order of Christmas fudge at Maine's Pantry (something I do every year around Christmas). And yes, I did get those Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games--with my Worldwide Damnation Fund money.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So, what's all this excitement about Bitcoin I muse?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Retirement savings - check

emergency fund savings - check

paying off debt on an accelerated plan - check

Now we're talking. Yes, that's great, and I do believe on the flip side too. I believe in saving and investing for the future, but not at the expense of depriving myself.

With that out of the way, no, I'm still not spending more because I'm now saving for a better house or another house, whatever makes more sense.

Also, I don't see shopping and spending as a hobby or something cool. You'd never see me in a mall, and I may be one of those few who doesn't have an Amazon account.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Who said that the economy is better?

CNN? FOX? MSNBC?

Don't believe everything that you hear or read.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Who said that the economy is better?
    CNN? FOX? MSNBC?
    Don't believe everything that you hear or read.

Sure, don't believe CNN, Fox, NBC, the labor department, the treasury Secretary, the wall street journal, the stock market, economic indicators such as trade, GDP, the consumer confidence index, the consumer credit report, and the business outlook survey.

• minimus
    minimus

Lisa rose...perfect response

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Ah, I bought a new car last year, so I'm spending plenty of money on car payments for 4 more years.

Somewhat ironically, my first payment disappeared out of my account on Christmas day last year. It made me kind of dislike automated payments.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

No this year I've actually spent much less.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit