Are You Spending More Money This Year With The Economy Being Better?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I see more people this year in an optimistic mood because of the economy. Will you be spending more money 💰 this year, or less or about the same as last year?

• Outahere
    Outahere

More...too much more....

• just fine
    just fine

For Christmas - spent a little more :-)

In general spend the same, I don’t have any large purchases planned for 2018.

• minimus
    minimus

Seems like the malls are busier than before. Plus on line purchases are through the roof!

• hoser
    hoser

Where do you live. This economy sucks

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yeah, I have to say I'm spending a bit more this year. My husband and I have three kids between us and three grandkids, so it adds up, plus we are going to the East coast for Christmas.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

my retirement fund is doing great, so we are spending it before it gets to probate.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

had to get another daily user car--a ford fiesta diesel. cambelt went on my previous car--straight to the crusher.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I see more people this year in an optimistic mood because of the economy. Will you be spending more money 💰 this year, or less or about the same as last year?

I find that a very sad statement. Spend, spend, spend. That's a horrible mentality, if you ask me.

I'd rather ask "would you open an account to pay for your children's college?", "would you catch up with retirement savings now that you know that Armageddon isn't around the corner?" or "would you pay off your debts faster?"

• just fine
    just fine

But you’ve got to have some fun sometimes too.

Retirement savings - check

emergency fund savings - check

paying off debt on an accelerated plan - check

Spending a little extra every now and again doesn’t hurt 😀 🎁 🎄I missed so many Christmas’s due to the cult. It is fun to buy gifts for people, when you find something you know they are going to love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit