No longer gods channel of communication?

by Crazyguy 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Smurf girl, I believe is her YouTube name, an exjw with a YouTube channel. She claims that if you go all over the JW.borg website you will no longer be able to find any mention of the Organization or the FDS being gods channel of communication.

So what’s your thoughts on why the change?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

A quick Google sent me to a 1994 Watchtower on their website. Here is a screen shot where it states the FDS is Jehovah's channel of communication

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB still claim to be the FDSL, that hasn't changed in JWS theology.

• dbq407
    dbq407

The watchtower about a year ago, they made the claim that they are neither inspired nor infallible...........tell us something we didn't know!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Amelia apparently if you go on to their JW library link you can find older documents that state this but according to her nothing on the main JW.org site or any links except the library link which takes you to publications older then just a hand full of years ago. Not sure if that screen shot of JW.org is from the library link or what? Or if it’s just old internet post?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    It was on their own jworg yesterday.
  • zeb
    zeb

The only chanel? well that would be "presumptuous to say that."

• steve2
    steve2

Smurf girl appears a bit naive. Because the organization doesn’t explicitly say certain things online doesn’t mean it has changed its view. It also doesn’t say that only active, loyal JWs will be saved at Armageddon - does that mean it’s bacjed away from that dreadful teaching? No. We ought not be so silly in concluding thus.

JW.org is very much a PR machine for the organization - it provides a sanitised version of JW teachings.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You will also struggle to find an up to date, and explicit explanation of why the year 1914 is given as the start of the Time of the End, or Christ "sitting down on the Throne to rule" or whatever, it is simply, if spoken of at all, expressed as a given.

The most up to date "explanation" is just an obfuscation.

The G.B and Writing Committee obviously take note of when us 'Poztates tear their pronouncements to shreds, and proceed to hide what their true, very silly, stance on matters is.

As steve2 says, this does not mean they have changed their view at all, it is just to hide the true Craziness that their teachings are from the Public.

If they believed they had the truth they simply would not do that, that is how we know that those at the top are fully aware they are running a huge SCAM !!

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I haven't watched any of Smurf Girl's material, so I don't know what point she is making, but if she thinks that an absence of dogmatic statements on jw.org is in any way significant and reflects some softening in their dogmatism, then I agree with steve2, she is being very naive. Also, I thinks she's wrong, for you can find Watchtowers on jw.og, and here's a few recent extracts;

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit