Is Jesus the Alpha + Omega?

by JW Answers 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Jw answers....The reason is, if you are alive when Armageddon hits you are toast for eternity.

Better worship the GB before the tribulation starts next week.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The problem with arguing the Trinity with JWs is that you always end up playing Bible pingpong.

For me it is better to have them try to show you that the doctrines that are original and unique to them are biblical. Since they can not do it because all such teachings are beyond what is written, you have your pretext for rejecting their religion.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Because the bible was not confirmed until around 380 ad [or so] it begs the question that JWs do not ask. What was the early church like? the first 300 plus years

Did the early Christians believe that Jesus was God? Did they drink the wine and eat the bread believing that it was the body and blood of Jesus?

I think it was Dr Scott Hahn who said 'For those bold enough to earnestly research the claims of the catholic church, they will have a spiritual shock that would delight them.'

TTWSYF

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Yes, I've learned my lesson about speaking to them regarding "Which Bible is best" or "the trinity" it took me a while when I was studying to get my head around the Trinity.

I showed them a verse a few days ago regarding Salvation, and they literally said to me "I cannot see what you are trying to say from that scripture" then it hit me "They are blind, the god of this World has blinded them".

My family were JWs for over 20 years before they realised they were a cult and they came to Jesus for Salvation.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I think all of this proves that the Bible is a confusing mess written by Jews for Jews (Old Testament) and transitioning from the Jews towards the Greeks and Roman's in the New Testament. Merely proving that it is a waste of time.

A pity Jesus, if he actually lived and preached, wrote nothing down. Nor apparently any of those that met with him and or followed him.The Greeks and Romans had copious notes on everything of any importance.

The Christians? Left it to the Catholic church to define what Jesus taught.

The JW's? Late to the table munching on everyone else's..... crumbs.

• Steel
    Steel

Throughout the old testament you have rather ambiguous statements like " the word of Lord appeared and the Lord said, or the angel of the lord appeared and the Lord said. God appears in physical manifestions somehow separate from god. I don't fully understand it but it there.

The book of revelations really reaffirms what is going in in the old testament.

• jhine
    jhine

In his Dialogue with Trypho ( a Jew ) Justin Martyr uses those appearances of The Angel of The Lord , who then speaks as if God , in his explanation of the Trinity . He argues that as we are told that no one has seen God the Father then these appearances , including the three men who appear to Abraham , must be God the Son .

This is in answer to Trypho's argument that there is no Trinity in the Hebrew Scriptures ( OT ) .

NB Trypho is a character invented by Justin to use to make his argument .

Jan

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Doesn`t Php.2: 9-10 state that

"God exalted him to superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground"

Taking that scripture on face value Christians should be worshiping Jesus Christ as most of Christendom do except Jehovah`s Witnesses who have no basis for worshiping Jehovah in the Christian Greek Scriptures ,the N.T.

They pluck some scripture out of the Hebrew scriptures ,O.T. that relates to the Jews as being his witnesses Isa.43:10,12 .

However the Jews never identified themselves as Jehovah`s Witnesses by name and neither did Jesus nor did Jesus ever chastise the Jews for not going by the name Jehovah`s Witnesses

And Jesus himself never used the name Jehovah or its equivalent in the Greek Christian scriptures.

• venus
    venus

This problem exists in John's gospel also:

In one place Jesus declares a bold sentence which only God Almighty can make: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

In another place, he retracts: "But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me" (John 8:16, 28)

In another place He asks us to believe Father: "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (John 5:24)

In another place, he again retracts: "You believe in God[a]; believe also in me." (John 14:1)

He looks as though his intention itself is to confuse (of course, he would not, but writers created all those confusions which would not be settle in yet another 2000 years)

• venus
    venus

Yet what Jesus said came true in my life.

It was when I made practical application of what I earned in Particle Physics which better enabled me to understand CONSCIOUSNESS as a deeper reality than my body, like the silence state we occasionally experience in which states such as waking, sleeping and deep sleep are held, a deeper reality on which my physical body appears, remains and disappears later only to continue to exists somewhere else in some other form. It did remind me of what Jesus said: “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31) Yes, I did become free from all human dogmas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit