Ever regret having kids? Honestly!

by Ariell 24 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

>>>>And the good times, the times they've lifted my spirits with a simple smile...MORE than make up for the times I wasn't sure they would be ok. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. -- think41self

>>>>I regret not having more. -- nilfun

Yeah... what Think and Nilfun said.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Oh my gosh, NO!!!!!

I love my kids so much, and their children just as much as them. I can't imagine my life without the joy and pleasure they have all give me for the last 39 years.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No -- I would do it all again -and even have more - wife would probably not though

• simplesally
    simplesally

Regrets?? What do you think??? I can't really tell you how much I love having her in my life.

• SixofNine
  • Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    This is a thread from ivillage. The admission from these women is a real eye opener. I think it's easier for a mother to be more honest when she's talking to other mothers. This really should be read by those who think they're ready or have unrealistic views about childrearing. You know who you are! It ain't all peaches and cream ladies.

Ariell, after reading the replies you've recv'd so far, there might be differences of opinion between parents with minors and parents with grown children. Ya never know what you've given birth to, till they're grown. Especially if they grow up to be deviant sociopaths.

Frannie B

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

FrannieBannanie,

there might be differences of opinion between parents with minors and parents with grown children. Ya never know what you've given birth to, till they're grown. Especially if they grow up to be deviant sociopaths.

Good point. I'll just say that my few moments of regret have all been about not being able to provide for my kids, and never about who they were. I'm just more proud and grateful by the year that I ever gave birth to my two wonderful trickster-gods.

GentlyFeral

• shera
    shera

No,no regets at all.

I have a disabled son and I don't regret having him as well,he has made me a better person and more tolerant to people who are different in anyway.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

There have been days when I thought to myself "What was I thinking?!"

Regret? No.

• waiting
    waiting

I think this is an "it all depends................" kind of thread.

When they were little, their father out drinking & banging whoever he could find......and all three kids were down with some lousy flu puking all over the house and me? Oh..........I would have loved to trade places with another person who didn't have long hair which had been puked in -------and I had to wear it like that for several long stinking hours because I was taking care of my kids. Kids come first - and they were sick alot - and I was alone alot.

There were MANY times I wish I didn't have kids. Usually within minutes/hours (perhaps even a day) I would come back to the reality that I loved my kids - period.

It was hard, really hard, sometimes. I would never - ever - want to go back. There were good times too.........but some terribly hard years. Some years wouldn't have been so hard if I didn't have three children to raise.

I've often thought that it would have been easier with two kids, one kid......but then I wouldn't have one of them. Who would I give up? None! I love them all - just wish it hadn't been so hard on them and me.

But, they're wonderful adults now. Love them all, so proud of all of them. And very smug that they still call & email me.....and not for money, most of time.

"I wouldn't take a million dollars for any of my kids. And I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for another one." The unknown mother's motto.

Everyone's kids, family, life is different. Live & let live.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit