Ever regret having kids? Honestly!

by Ariell 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Ariell
    Ariell

This is a thread from ivillage. The admission from these women is a real eye opener. I think it's easier for a mother to be more honest when she's talking to other mothers. This really should be read by those who think they're ready or have unrealistic views about childrearing. You know who you are! It ain't all peaches and cream ladies.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-psw2woman&msg=7047.1

This link isn't pointing to the right thread for some reason. Just type in "regret having kids" in the search box at the top if you really want to read it.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Even without reading the thread, I will say I have no regrets. None.

My son is the light of my life. Nobody said it would be easy. And if I could change one thing...I wouldn't because it might mean that I wouldn't have my son.

Lisa

• Ariell
    Ariell

Even without reading the thread, I will say I have no regrets. None.

My son is the light of my life. Nobody said it would be easy. And if I could change one thing...I wouldn't because it might mean that I wouldn't have my son.

Lisa

This isn't to say that everyone has regrets, but some do. And most of the women on that thread did.

Nobody said it would be easy.

And that's the problem. Too many women think it is.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I love both my girls dearly but to be really honest - I was going through so much I wish I had waited til I was older (had them at 20 and 24)

It would have been better for all of us if I had done some recovery work before I had kids but there really wasn't anything out there at the time

• COMF
    COMF

Hell, no! When the mother of my children and I split up, she got custody and I got visitation. The first year after the divorce they lived with me more than with her (while she periodically "got her head on straight") and at the end of that year I literally bought my boys from her. I paid her cash to go to court and swap out so that I had custody and she had visitation. She agreed on condition that she not have to pay child support.

It was the best purchase I ever made, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Heeeeeeell NO! I love my son so much! All of the hard times are worth it! He just woke up and said "I love you mom". What more could you ask from life than that? We are going to a museum today and I can't wait to hear his responses to the art that we see! Children are a reflection of all the wonderful things you see in life. They are the heart and soul of all that is good! So open and honest! And people who are pro life call me a baby butcher...LOL! I'm off to spend some time with my wonderful, sweet baby boy who I took personal responsibility for. LOL! :-)

~Aztec

• think41self
    think41self

If I'm being TOTALLY HONEST, I would admit that there were MOMENTS...and they were moments only, when I did regret having them.

They were the moments when I didn't know how I was going to feed them, or provide a roof over their heads, and give them all the things I wanted to give them. I was so frustrated with not seeing a way out, I wished I had never brought my children into such a situation.

Those moments didn't last, and I always found a way to provide for them...and I think it goes without saying that they are the light of my life and nothing THEY ever did made me regret having them...it was just the worries of the day, and my uncertainties about them being ok. That's all.

And the good times, the times they've lifted my spirits with a simple smile...MORE than make up for the times I wasn't sure they would be ok. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Tracy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Tracy

EXACTLY

• mouthy
    mouthy

Absolutly NOT! Since they are mostly gone now- (3 dead!) one in the WT. One left to comfort me ( out of the WT) The memories I have of them helps me endure.I go through my albums often Cry-Laugh !!!Hope!!!

• nilfun
    nilfun

I regret not having more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit