Jehovah's Witnesses, meet your mother

by DanTheMan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Loris
    Loris

Hi Dan, What you wrote reminded me of what I read in Chuck's Studies in the Scriptures. He was pretty far out in some of his "studies" but they do interest me in an historical sort of way. The WTS could learn from him if they examined his ideas. (oops they claim to be his spiritual decendents don't they) anyway, He was talking about how a virgin could not be a mother. (except Mary of course) Obviously the WTS missed this point.

Rev. 17:5 ) And let it not pass unobserved that both Romanists and Protestants now freely own the relationship of mother and daughters, the former continually styling herself the Holy Mother Church, and the latter, with pleased complacency, endorsing the idea, as shown by many public utterances of leading Protestant clergymen and laymen. Thus they [D29] "glory in their shame," apparently all unmindful of the brand which they thus accept from the Word of God, which designates the Papacy, as "the mother of harlots." Nor does the Papacy, in claiming her office of motherhood, ever seem to have questioned her right to that title, or to have considered its incompatibility with her profession still to be the only true church, which the Scriptures designate a "virgin" espoused to Christ. Her acknowledged claims of motherhood are to the everlasting shame of both herself and her offspring. The true Church, which God recognizes, but which the world knows not, is still a virgin; and from her pure and holy estate no daughter systems have ever sprung. She is still a chaste virgin, true to Christ, and dear to him as the apple of his eye. (Zech. 2:8; Psa. 17:6,8) The true Church cannot be pointed out anywhere as a company from which all the tares have been separated, but it consists only of the true "wheat," and all such are known unto God, whether the world recognizes them or not.

religious systems claiming to be either the espoused virgin or the bride of Christ, and yet courting the favor and receiving the support of the world, at the price of disloyalty to Christ.

I like this quote, too.

For those who would obey this command to come out of Babylon, there is but one place of refuge; and that is, not in a new sect and bondage , but in "The secret place of the Most High"--the place or condition of entire consecration, typified by the Most Holy of the Tabernacle and Temple. (Psa. 91) "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most [D44] High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." And such may truly say in the midst of all the calamities of this evil day, "The Lord is my refuge and my fortress, my God: in him will I trust."

Here is a link to Chuck Russells "studies"

http://www.divineplan.org/studies/htdb0108.htm

I can't seem to control the font color. Now the underline is stuck.

Loris

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

a successful mother(parent) is one who can raise a child to adulthood who is self-sufficient and well-actualized and ready to take it from there. If a child is not well prepared for life, it is the fault of the parent. What does this say about the Borg?

Ravyn

• Englishman
    Englishman

Dan,

Excellent points and comparisons.

Regretably, some fleshly JW mothers become just like the one in Brooklyn. Then the kids get a double whammy. No wonder most of them leave.

Englishman.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

mouthy,

I think it will be a long time before I smoke weed again. I agree that regular use can result in an apathetic attitude, because pot makes life seem so trivial and stupid (at least for me it does).

Loris,

those are interesting quotes from the Chuckmeister.

For those who would obey this command to come out of Babylon, there is but one place of refuge; and that is, not in a new sect and bondage,

Puhleeeezzzz!

Ravyn:

well the whole point of the borg or any high control group is to keep its adherents in an infantile state. That is the only way they can function. How often does the WT trot out the "a true servant of Jah needs to be sheeplike, not being overly critical or complaining but humbly obeying it's master blah blah blah".

Eman,

I am so thankful I wasn't raised in the WT. At least I had a precult life as a point of reference when I left. But of course in Watchtower-world JW parents are never to blame, it is always the rebellious and wayward children who "develop wicked hearts despite their parents loving care and direction".

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Sometimes a song just hits the nail on the head. Pink Floyd's.....

Mother (Waters) Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Mother do you think they'll like this song?
    Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?
    Mother should I build the wall?
    Mother should I run for president?
    Mother should I trust the government?
    Mother will they put me in the firing line?
    Ooooooh, Is it just a waste of time?

Hush now baby, baby, dont you cry.
    Mother's gonna make all your nightmares come true.
    Mother's gonna put all her fears into you.
    Mother's gonna keep you right here under her wing.
    She wont let you fly, but she might let you sing.
    Mama will keep baby cozy and warm.
    Ooooh baby ooooh baby oooooh baby,
    Of course mama'll help to build the wall.

Mother do you think she's good enough -- to me?
    Mother do you think she's dangerous -- to me?
    Mother will she tear your little boy apart?
    Mother will she break my heart?

Hush now baby, baby dont you cry.
    Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you.
    Mama wont let anyone dirty get through.
    Mama's gonna wait up until you get in.
    Mama will always find out where you've been.
    Mama's gonna keep baby healthy and clean.
    Ooooh baby oooh baby oooh baby,
    You'll always be baby to me.

Mother, did it need to be so high?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    I'll let you in on a secret - thanks to a fellow poster who will remain unnamed, I smoked weed for the first time in many many years last night

Hmmmm......Have you been out of town?

• Aztec
    Aztec

Well, I'd liken the WTS more to Big Brother but, otherwise, very accurate! Good post Dan even if it did take a bit of mj to get you there...LOL!

"can't-get-in-the-JWD-popular-posters-club class"

I still love ya! :-*

~Aztec

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Dallas non-dub,

I'm not a big Pink fan but I do like that song a lot, probably because I relate to the sentiments expressed so much!

Teenyuck,

You should've have been at the ex-jw meetup! Are you registered on the website? www.meetup.com

Aztec,

love ya too hon even though I'm jealous because you're like sooo popular here! LOL

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Or does it sometimes seem like these pictures are so much propaganda?? Do you sometimes giggle at them??

I don't know about giggle, but I remember being a kid and drawing mustaches, beards, horns, ropes around their necks, ect...on the pictures. I was bored, and I'd heard the same story, over and over, and over, and over, while I waited and waited and waited and waited . Then I'd get in trouble for laughing and causing my sister to laugh during the meeting and would get drug to the bathroom for a spanking with the belt (or sometimes a paddle ball paddle) brought just for this purpose. And I'd get spanked loud enough that the entire kingdom hall knew what was going on.

I've been out for awhile now, but, I hear they have the same story, with a brighter light and their still waiting.

Anyway......On a more cheerful

I love PinkFloyd and 'Mother' is one of my favorite...

Meetups are a great way to get to know new people.....

Great post Dan

Lisa<-------going off to smoke a fatty and listen to some pink floyd

• Aztec
    Aztec

"you're like sooo popular here! "

No! LOL! You just have to ingratiate yourself with smart folks and then everyone accepts you! PM Alan and you are guaranteed to be on the smart bus.

Love ya Dan!

~Aztec

I still say Big Brother but a good post!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit