by Pleasuredome 21 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Ballistic: LOL! That's great!!

Some might find this interesting:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Why would the "smoke" move in the same direction as the camera?

It's either a shadow that's been touched up, or it's an imperfection in the film that's been touched up. Either way, I don't believe it.

• JH
    JH

Since there is cheese on the moon, maybe it's a poutine factory.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Using ultra-high resolution forensic technology, I have been able to make out the following words on the side of the object:

ROSWELL WEATHER BALLOON COMPANY

• Francois
    Francois

That's no lunar lander in that photo. The lunar lander had a ladder for descent to the moon's surface and was wrapped in gold foil in many places. That thing in the photos looks like something from Doctor Who.

Francois

• Pepper
    Pepper

Personaly I have always thought that no one ever went to the moon. First of all they would have to pass through the Van Alan radiation belt and if the would have, it would have cooked them like pizza in a micro wave oven cause you would need a lead wall fifty feet thick to protect you. http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/may2000/959341359.As.r.html

Pepper

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Pepper: Check the URL I posted above on the "bad astronomy" site. It explains why the radiation in the Van Allen belts is not a problem.

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO at the moon with the mice and cheese . I love a good conspiracy theory involving the space program . I don't know if they ever proved the russian claim of landing on venus a hoax or not , anyone know anything about it? another question , does anyone know if they put a flag on mars? I remember some politician saying there was a flag on mars but don't remember hearing about it through the news .

• Amazing
    Amazing

Pepper,

I am not sure if you are serious or joking. The article you link to explains in great detail, in one way, why passing through the radiation belt is feasible, but there is still something fishy about it. The space craft alone is an adequate shield to protect the astronauts from any particle radiation. Alpha particles (protons) will not penetrate human skin much less the shell of the craft. Beta particles (electrons) can go into human skin, but again, the craft will shield them from this. So, even extended periods would have no effect whatsoever.

The real concern, that the article never mentions, is wave-form / high energy radiation, such as gamma or x-ray. Gamma, for example, passes through most anything. It takes lead shielding to attenuate gamma sufficiently to prevent it from being absorbed. Some amounts of high energy radiation reaches the earth and affects every human. People who live in Denver, Colorado, for example, receive the highest does of any people in the USA because of being a mile high with less atmosphere to shield them. People who fly get significant doses because they are anywhere from 4 to 7 miles high with almost no protection from cosmic and solar gamma, etc.

When I worked in the nuclear industry the only significantly measureable dose I ever received was gamma. Although, I did get contaminated once with some alpha because my bare hands touched some dust that was located under an old hot box. I discovered this when I was back in the change room getting measured for contamination and set off the alarms at the hand counter. Cool ... I had to be scrubbed down ... but that was all. They even let me keep my hands, the ones I am now typing with.

If an article discussed gamma and x-ray effects of traveling through the radiation belts, then I would find that far more interesting. As it stands, I see nothing the claims to support the idea that astronauts could not have made it through. - Jim W.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Ballistic,.

Now I always thought the soup dragon was a bit dodgy,and another thing,if there is no atmosphere on the moon,how could the Clangers have whistled to each other.

I shall be really upset if the Clangers are a hoax though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit