Did NASA want you to see this?

by Pleasuredome 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

http://shadowboxent.brinkster.net/moon/esjmoon.html The August, 2003 issue of Electric Space Craft, a scientific journal, contains an amazing series of images taken from NASA footage included in the TV program, NOVA: To the Moon. The significance of the images has only recently been noticed.

As Apollo 8 orbited 70 miles above the lunar surface, with Earth in the background, it filmed the ground below. At one point, a small, black object, tall and cylindrical, appears jutting from the moon. Just as the camera is about to pass by, the strange object clearly releases a jet-like cloud. It looks like a smokestack ejecting a puff of smoke. The cloud drifts to the right and then dissipates. Though the black object appears small on the screen, it must be thousands of feet tall if the footage was taken from such a high altitude.

Included below are the black and white stills used in the Electric Space Craft issue. We have assembled these into an animated gif that reproduces the NASA footage. The black and white stills are frames from the footage, posted in order from left to right. As you can see, the anomaly first appears near the center of the frame, then descends toward the lower left-hand corner as the camera moves forward. The additional color stills were sent to us by the publication.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think it's a giant man walking along smoking. No but seriously, if you were 70 miles from that object, it would have to be huge, bigger than any tower on earth, what purpose could it possibly serve? I'm sure that if it was a chimney, something less obtrusive would work, unless they have pollution by-laws on the moon!

Just as in the case of the face which was found in some Mars footage, it only looks upright from that particular angle, if the flight path was slightly different, it would throw a completely different light on it, literally.

I still find these theories interesting though!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey - I just spotted something else! There is something wrong with the footage. Look at the earth and what is happening to it. It is getting bigger. It would not appear to be getting closer if you were 384,467 kilometers away from it orbiting the moon. In my opinion, the footage is actually a zoom as opposed to a flight path.

• JH
    JH

Interesting.

• JH
    JH

Maybe it's a zoom, but the smoke looks real. Is there wind on the moon? The smoke takes a direction.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i think the cameraman at langley droped his cigarette.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

ballistic: Good catch. This is clearly a hoax. I bet someone took a still photo, slowly zoomed in on it to create extra frames and convert it to a movie. Then they altered it.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I went looking for proof it's a hoax and found this:

• COMF
    COMF

It looks like a smokestack ejecting a puff of smoke.

Uh... no, it doesn't. Given that it originates at the bottom rather than the top of the "smokestack", it looks amazingly, astonishingly like... a shadow! Who'da thunk it?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Very Cool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit