"Thou Shalt Conform"

by forgetmenot 17 Replies latest jw friends

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

Hello all...I hope ya'll have had a good summer and all...mine was (...well...) pretty crappy. Anyway, I have a new room mate @ my university now. It's my fourth one in less than a full year (I think). So yeah...just as a warning...don't ever try to live with me unless you are VERY special...hee hee...j/k. My new room mate happens to be a born again Christian.

God help me...I have very strong religious beliefs but they do not rely on Christianity, the bible, or Jesus. But of course she can only see me as a heathen sinner whose going to hell unless I "accept Jesus into my heart", blah blah blah.

Anyway, not to offend anyone who is a born again Christian, but how do I get her to shut up? Or just leave me alone on the religious issue? She frustrates me because she fails to realize that after I left the organization I found the LOVE I had lacking. I don't need her church or her believes to feel "inspired" or "loved". She thinks her way is the only way (just like the Dubs she was previously ridiculing).

Maybe the best thing is to just ignore it...but it's SO frustrating. Oh well, tell me what you'll think. Or rather, just make me feel better in my HEATHEN SINNING....hee hee...oh btw pass the alcohol over this way...hee hee...j/k mom and dad...

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I've been in similar situations. Maybe you could say something like "I'm so young right now, there is so much that I don't know, I want to stay open to all possibilities instead of adopting just one point of view".

• Robdar
    Robdar

Maybe you can get her to leave by acting demonic?

When I was 20, I used to work with one of those born agains. God, he drove me nutz. He thought I had a demon.

One day after listening to him preach to me about why I was wrong to be an atheist, I told him to stuff it and he pulled his NT out of his shirt pocket, pointed it at me and said: "I bind you in the name of Christ, I bind you in the name of Christ."

I purposefully stopped what I was doing and looked at him speechless. I could see by the look in his eyes that he thought that his "binding" me was working and that he was a little surprised that the Lord had done as he had been commanded to do. While he blinked his surprise at me, I said: "it's not working, ya shit head" I guess I was a little hot tempered in my youth.

I went straight into the GM office and told him that if he didn't get the "apostle" off my ass, I was going to quit. The GM took care of it for me.

Those people are batty. When I am confronted by them now, I just say praise the lord and keep on going.

Robyn

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

OK I've got one of those myself. She's great but I grew tired of hearing about how F****** much Jesus loves me. I told her I used to be a JW but that only put her in hyper drive. So then I asked her if she knew about the scripture about not casting pearls before swine and since her words of wisdom were pearls and I'm a degenerate swine maybe she should stop. Didn't work

So I told her if she ever said Jesus in front of me again that I would shoot her dead.

It seems to be working.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You are room mates right? This means that you are sleeping in the same room?

First, remind her that freedom of religion applies to all religions, not just hers, and if she insists on continuing to harass you that you will report the harassment to the dean.

If that does not work, then drive her away by masturbating very loudly as often as possible. Hell... even get yourself the loudest vibrator you can find to help with the effect.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Can you complain to your RA about religious harrassment?

Or decorate your half of the room with freethought slogans and posters or Darwin fish (available at evolvefish.com). Or pagan/witchcraft symbols.

GentlyFeral

• jelly
    jelly

Have you tried talking to her directly and telling her how you feel? Also, dont worry most born-againers have about a six month life span out of the nest and then they go crazy. By june you might be living with a Bob Marly clone.

Terry

• Perry
  • mouthy
    mouthy

What to say???? This!!!

Look! please stop preaching to me.!You have told me what you believe & its a free country-But I will watch how you live!Then I will make up my mind if you are walking the walk.Not talking the talk
    If we plan on living in the same room-I think we should make a pact.PEACE!!!!Isnt that one of YOUR leaders requirements????????
    I wont talk about MY spiritual beliefs -if you stop talking about yours. Then you wont have to stumble me ....

p.s I am a Born againer!!!!!!!LOL!!!!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

mouthy,

But I will watch how you live!Then I will make up my mind if you are walking the walk.Not talking the talk

Applause! Applause! And such an elegant response!

GentlyFeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit