Scriptures rarely mentioned

by dothemath 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Gen 1:1 " in the beginning a sucker was born every minute" or something like that....

• Heaven
    Heaven

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - KJV

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Ecclesiastes 11:3 . . .and if a tree falls to the south or if to the north, in the place where the tree falls there it will prove to be.

• schnell
    schnell

@fastJehu, but was anyone there to hear it? Did it make a sound? :P

• Steel
    Steel

Anything about faith over works. Basically the entire book of romans.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

To dispute Michael is Jesus...Hebrews 1:4-5: So he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs. 5: For example: to which one of the angels did God, ever say,."You are my son; today I have become your father? And again: I will become his father, and he will become my Son?

Another scripture that I think shows that Jesus is Jesus not Michael; Luke 2:21:in part it says he was named Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived. In the King James it says which was so named of the angel before he was conceived...so the org. should have used the King James version if they wanted to prove Michael was or is Jesus.

Tor

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ezekiel 26:14...

...because Tyre still exists, and is, in fact, a thriving coastal city.

• blondie
    blondie

Heaven, the WTS RNWT says this

Isaiah 45:7

• 7 I form light+ and create darkness,+

I make peace+ and create calamity;+

I, Jehovah, am doing all these things.

I guess different bibles uses different terms that cast a different meaning

New International Version
      I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation
      I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

English Standard Version
      I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

New American Standard Bible
      The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

King James Bible
      I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
      I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, Yahweh, do all these things."

International Standard Version
      "I form light and create darkness, I make goodness and create disaster. I am the LORD, who does all these things.

NET Bible
      I am the one who forms light and creates darkness; the one who brings about peace and creates calamity. I am the LORD, who accomplishes all these things.

New Heart English Bible
      I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create calamity. I am the LORD, who does all these things.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
      I make light and create darkness. I make blessings and create disasters. I, the LORD, do all these things.

JPS Tanakh 1917
      I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.

New American Standard 1977
      The One forming light and creating darkness,
      Causing well-being and creating calamity;
      I am the LORD who does all these.

Jubilee Bible 2000
      I form the light and create darkness; I make peace and create evil: I am the LORD that does all this.

King James 2000 Bible
      I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create calamity: I the LORD do all these things.

American King James Version
      I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

American Standard Version
      I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Douay-Rheims Bible
      I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.

Darby Bible Translation
      forming the light and creating darkness, making peace and creating evil: I, Jehovah, do all these things.

English Revised Version
      I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
      I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create calamity. I am Yahweh, who does all these things.

Young's Literal Translation
      Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I am Jehovah, doing all these things.'

• blondie
    blondie

When my husband was the school overseer, he always was prepared to do backup for the elders assigned. So many traveled out of town unannounced and did not keep track of any assignments. So I helped him by looking up each verse in the bible highlights. It was amazing how many the WTS never used.

My husband said there were probably only 200 verses the WTS used yearly.

(and only 40 out of 225 songs too)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Once,a long time ago, while in fs, I met a Mormon man at the door. We had a nice talk about what was wrong with each other's religion. lol

In our discussion he pointed out to me that jw's claim to 'know the bible' but in reality only use about 50-75 scriptures from the bible in their core teachings. Of course, I disagreed then but he was correct. JW's don''t know the bible, they know 50-75 scriptures. Wash, rinse, repeat.

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit