Another flip flop

by blownaway 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blownaway
    blownaway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8hzAkYfazc This is a talk this year about how to stay loyal to the cult. It talks about not blaming yourself when your child is DFed. But wait, when I was in the cult the elders told the parents of DFed children that it was their fault. They would say that they did not teach properly or they would not have "turned aside" I can remember my buddys brother left the cult. His parents were unquestioning, they talk came out that it was the parents fault. I remember they would say they must have done something wrong beating themself. Now its not their fault. LOL Crazy cult. Any one have the Tower that was in back in the 70s or 80s?

Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”

• steve2
    steve2

The back tracking must be a symptom of so many young ones getting kicked out of the organization.

If JW parents were to blame, you would have very few unblamed parents left in the congregation.

• Listener
    Listener

It would guilt fathers into stepping down from their positions as Elders at times.

• blownaway
    blownaway

These asshats never seem to tire of lying and flopping. Cults are crazy

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"If we associate with them when they are disfellowshipped we could actually be taking away from them a motivating factor for wanting to be reinstated"

Isn`t that a telling statement ?

Its not a love for Jehovah God that they want to rejoin Jehovah`s Witnesses .

Its because they love their family more than Jehovah God and want to associate with them again and this is the only way they can do it.

Whereas the Jehovah`s Witness position is to use emotional blackmail to get these ones to rejoin the J.W. religion.

These ones that come back are not stupid they know they have been manipulated and they will never be loyal to the religion of Jehovah`s Witnesses .

And if the WTB&TS thinks otherwise ? They are the stupid ones .

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Listener I hear where you are coming from.😞. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• blownaway
    blownaway

Smiddy, that is spot on. It is pure coercion. It does show now that you mention it that if they do this they know that they are full of crap and only want to keep the rank and file in lock step.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    This is a talk this year about how to stay loyal to the cult. It talks about not blaming yourself when your child is DFed. But wait, when I was in the cult the elders told the parents of DFed children that it was their fault.

Also, an Elder™ can lose his privileges™ if his child is DF'd or considered to have broken corporation laws.

The whole corporation is corporate, money grabbing and hateful.

May the crabs of a million festering goolies shoot up the bums of the Governing body immediately.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@smiddy3: "These ones that come back are not stupid they know they have been manipulated and they will never be loyal to the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses."

There are some victims of shunning who have learned to deal with their trauma of familial betrayal in precisely the opposite way. I know personally of a few who have returned to the Organization with a newfound sense of Stockholm Syndrome. These hostages have coped by idolizing the cold hand that beat them and severed them from the love of their family. The reality that their families may not sincerely love them in the truest sense of the word perhaps became too unbearable to confront. So, the victim sought refuge in the fantasy of those who wronged them being the most loving, caring, benevolent, life-saving connections they could ever have.

Alternatively, as you brought out, a similar opinion to yours is held by Harvard Professor of Psychology, Steven Pinker. He writes:

"If dissenters are punished, and can anticipate they're going to be punished, then you may have a situation where no one actually believes something, but everyone believes that everyone else believes it. Therefore, no one is willing to be the little boy that says the emperor is naked."

This explains the lagging financial support and lack of comradeship in the Organization. The amount of PIMO members silenced by the threat of shunning may be a number we'll never know.

• Giordano
    Giordano

What JW parents don't seem to grasp is that the punishment is shared with them. No matter how loyal they have been as active JW's they are not allowed to have a loving relationship with their DF or DA child. And both parties will be punished for the rest of their lives.

The child because he or she made a mistake or acted out or simply decided they wanted freedom from the JW religion and the parent who is willing to allow their child to become as dead to them as those children in Jonestown whose loving parents couldn't think clearly about what they were ordered to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit