Need proof please!

by fairy 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Question - how does someone plant seed on rock

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Well now we really don’t know that this has happened in Mexico now, do we?

.... and "we" are not GOING to know, unless "we" are willing to do some investigation OUTSIDE of what the elders deem as "permitted".

Hi Fairy,

First off, if you are going to have an effect on this guy, you will have to get him to think for himself. Using statements like..."oh, well you are not allowed to investigate that topic for yourself, so we cannot really discuss it intelligently". Don't "try too hard".... give him just enough to get curious about.

Secondly... I find that BLONDIE does a lot of hard-core research. If you go through her Post history, and read here "comments you will not hear" posts... you will find MUCH useful information. (thanx Blondie).

Best of luck.... but I hope you are doing some thorough research, before tangling with this peck. Remember... he BELIEVES in what he is saying. It is usually a waste of time to argue with them though... they have to sort of reach the point of doubt on their own.... otherwise, they are just Borg.

---puttytat

• jwsons
    jwsons

When the matter of the documentary on tv was brought to the attention of the elders at a book study, they said that it was all a lie.

also, there is a site that i think you should go to and just have a look around, it gives you something to think about and different people offer good and reasonable explanations on points like this one and many others...rational explanations.

If you are a true witness then you would be willing to at least "hear" what others have to say....just take a look around there at least

Jehovah’s Witnesses are told to keep away from such sites. They have apostates that post there.

9pm on CBC tonight will air the Sexual abuse documentary!

Again, the elders said that this is all a lie. And anyway, we can’t watch that inasmuch as some of the people on the show have been disfellowshipped and we don’t fellowship with such ones.

Sound like when Jesus on earth, if you're a Jew and want to know about Christianity, you should not go to Jesus' apostles and disciples to ask them. AND you rely on the sinagogue to explain about Christianity to you ONLY (stubborn?).

jwsons

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    Ask him why the Society never sued the tv stations for slander.

that's good, I like that statement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witnesses and me are exactly the same. I read the testimony of victims of abuse and I accept their account and I believe them. The Real Witness will listen to the Society and believe them when they say it's all a lie.

I read Ray Franz's story of the Malawi political card scandal and the Mexico bribery scandal and I choose to believe it. The Real Witness will listen to the Society and believe them when they say it's all a lie.

I read the United Nations NGO membership list and I saw the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation listed as a member and I choose to believe it. The Real Witness will listen to the Society and believe them when they say it's all a lie.

It's all the same. They're as convinced it's all a lie just as sincerely as I'm convinced it's true. I have absolutely no reason to listen to their denials and they have no interest in listening to my claims. We are exactly the same.

To try to have a rational discussion with a Jehovah's Witness is like trying to reason with a drunk. To debate with a Jehovah's Witness is like being in a pissing contest with a skunk. It's like trying to dress up a pig. You don't accomplish anything and it pisses off the pig. GaryB

• avishai
    avishai

Here is my resonse to "ben" on that board,

Hello fairy: As for the newspaper article, these are all allegations, are they not? And please note: " Brumley, the Watchtower Society lawyer, said that the elders aren't to blame for acts committed by another person. He says McKenzie wasn't even an official congregation member, though he may have attended some meetings.

"To our knowledge, he was never a baptized Witness," Brumley said. "

I'm sure the Society is handling this in a most appropriate manner. We have to be so careful these days for there are those that would use the courts to extort money from us that is vitally needed to spread the good news of the kingdom. As for those scanned articles I see nothing there about the Society bribing officials. But even if you did show me such a thing, how could I know that it was authentic? We've been warned to be on the look out for those that would try to discredit our brothers...

Delete Message 21 of 21 in Discussion
    As for the newspaper article, these are all allegations, are they not? And please note: " Brumley, the Watchtower Society lawyer, said that the elders aren't to blame for acts committed by another person. " See, Ben, I happen to know something about this case. Tyler is my brother. I had to wake up with him screaming every night. I heard the elders tell me "We keep these things quiet!" This was in a mandatory reporting state. I had Chris Mckenzie try to have sex with me as well, fortunately, I was big enough to fight him off . The whole, "We're not responible for acts committed by another person" Thing is just a red herring. They are responsible for non-reporting, breaking the law. They are responsible to others who would not have been molested had he been taken away by the authorities. They are even responsible to the perp, as he was unable to get the help he needed. He says McKenzie wasn't even an official congregation member, though he may have attended some meetings.

"To our knowledge, he was never a baptized Witness," Brumley said. Another Red Herring. He was an unbaptized publisher, considered in every way a witness by the cong. except for baptism. He went to meetings regularly, out in service & was on the ministry school. I'll give another example. If a child of ten, though unbaptized, does that mean his parents will let him have a blood transfusions? Is he still just as dead? How many of those kids on the cover of the awake a few years ago that died from lack of blood were baptized? Very few, I'd imagine. Yet, they were put up as paragons of JW virtue. Will they be resurrected? Oh, wow, I dunno, They were'nt official congregation members. I'm sure the Society is handling this in a most appropriate manner. We have to be so careful these days for there are those that would use the courts to extort money from us that is vitally needed to spread the good news of the kingdom. Your sure? Tell that to my brother. Do you have the guts? Call him an extortionist to his face. Do you know what it's like to be sodomized at four years old by a 16-17 year old? Do you know what it is like to have it happen 4 months after watching your father die slowly of cancer? Even in ancient Israel, there was provision for justice, if you kill one of your neighbors cows, you have to give him two. Is any amount of money worth what my little brother went through? Is any amount worth what the later children went through? Is "keeping Jehovahs name clean" worth it? Ya know what? I think God is big enough & old enough to handle that himself. Their continued lies & denials are filthy & disgusting. By the way, I have no problem with you Ben. I just thought you should know. & if you need any more "proof", don't hesitate to ask.

• fairy
    fairy

Yes, i read that..........very well done too.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

All you naysayers: Other people read those boards also. Non-jws, newly studying jws. It can do a lot of good!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    elders aren't to blame for acts committed by another person

They why the hell do they drag people through JCs and DF people?

• Special K
    Special K

All great posts here.

Lots of great information.

I even spent quite a lot of time going to all the "click" places.

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit