Jeffrey Jackson: Too much excitement got in the way for the ''false dates''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    PetrW - “…they told him that I was ‘deep in apostasy’. 😁😁😁 Yes, yes, he's deep into apostasy… So, I give JW another 20, maybe 30 years or so, when they will definitely abandon the chronological speculation on 1914 and also like me, fallen into apostasy😁😁😁…”

That’s ‘cause the GB doesn’t view being wrong as “apostasy”.

They view thinking they’re wrong as “apostasy”.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DesirousOfChange - “…Sarcasm Alert for our slow learners…”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mSy5mEcmgwU

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - “The dates they pulled out of the air their asses are their reason for existing…”

Corrected for grammar, punctuation, and above all, accuracy.

😏

• Ding
    Ding

"The GB doesn’t view being wrong as “apostasy”. They view thinking they’re wrong as “apostasy”."

Nailed it!

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

That would be one of the very few times they have taken any responsibility whatsoever for those debacles. Previously, the “rank and file” got the blame for “reading too much in” to what the WTS had said.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

Glad I'm not the only one who had this reaction to the "guard dog" analogy. Not to beat a dead horse, but the first thing that came to mind when I first heard this talk was "... they just admitted that all the GB does is bark incoherently at anything that moves. They just ADMITTED that like an overzealous guard dog, they can't distinguish a real threat from an imagined threat."

They say Jehovah is a reasonable God. How reasonable is it for Jehovah to judge whether we should live or die based on whether or not we believed a group of men who have a 0% success rate of correctly interpreting Bible prophecy?

• DesirousOfChange

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit