Amish Fatality from Throwing Rotten Tomatoes

by Ravyn 14 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Sad story. Though I don't think people are more prone nowadays. We just hear about it more and there are millions more people now.

In the Old West, you may have had a gang of outlaws shoot up a small defenseless town. In Roman times, there were atrocities. We probably have LESS nowadays because of better law enforcement.

We are, and always have been, just humans, no more, no less. There is no "increasing of lawlessness." Compare today with the Inquisition times and/or medieval times. Well, you probably get my point.

Pat

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't know... could you imagine... having your car pelted with tomatoes all freak’in day? I'd be seriously pissed! Especially after I warned them to stop several times. That is a blatantly malicious act that is a total disregard to everyone’s personal property.

Clearly the police were doing absolutely nothing to stop the assaults and vandalism... and would AT LEAST receive my bill for repainting my car every year.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Patio, I couldn't agree with you more about people being no different, whether it is 1935 or 2003. Perhaps we should write an article for Awake!

• Simon
    Simon

Some dumbass fool with a gun ... just what society needs.

I bet he wouldn't have got out shooting if people had been firing guns ... he would have left a trail of rubber on the highway and crap on his car seat.

Low life.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

A few years ago there was a big cocaine bust in the Amish community in Pennsylvania. A well known motorcycle gang called the Pagans were selling cocaine to Amish teenagers. Here is a link to the story

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v98.n492.a11.html

In many ways the Amish remind me of the Witnesses. Teenage boys and girls are allowed to sow their oats before baptism. If they break any rules once baptised, they are disfellowshipped and shunned. They also have the same attitude toward "worldly" people as do the JW's. A few news shows exposed their child molestation problems too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit