09/16/18 WT | My Wife's First JW (cult) Epiphany

by Solzhenitsyn 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

Oh Rapture! Today's WT caused my wife's first [JW mind control] epiphany and she didn't hesitate to share upon her discovery.

09/16/2018 | "Where Are Your Eyes Looking?" The dialogue went something like this:

"Babe look at this, pp 1 -10 is full of good old factual Bible account references. But look at pp. 10 'Jehovah may have been indignant' and pp. 11...'another possibility', and pp.12...'another plausible explanation'. So they give us the facts, then comes the conjecture, then comes the direction we cant question based on the conjecture."

I was overjoyed. A total salubrious feeling. But I kept my composure, put my hand on her shoulder and calmly said that I agreed and that is such a large part of my "feeling PIMO".

Later this afternoon after the meeting she circled back around to the morning conversation after hearing everything read and commented on at the WT study. She said, "I think that no matter what KH or church we're sitting in, it will have its own measure of stuff we simply wont agree with."

Yes I said, but other places wont shun us for not believing the stuff we don't agree with.

More to come but the crisis has begun in her head.

S

• skin
    skin

I'm sure they have changed the ones who write the the WT study in this months mag, at least for these first 2 studies in it. Every WT study mag before this had on average 6 quotes for some witness who lives in some place that had something to say. And then the quote from them that backs up word for word what WT are saying.

Para 18 also had this to say, "At the same time, we will be careful that we “do not go beyond the things that are written.” (1 Cor. 4:6)".

And what is the lesson for us in this photo? from para19.

An older brother tries to help a younger brother not to react rashly to others’ mistakes

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Who in their right mind gets all bent out of shape because a mother is running late with their children. I wanted so much to say "maybe the brother needs to go back on his meds!"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"At the same time, we will be careful that we “do not go beyond the things that are written.” (1 Cor. 4:6)".

That's why we made up numerous false doctrines since the late 1800's to proliferate literature and make people hand in their time distributing that literature we make full of false doctrines.

.........but we dont go beyond what is written .

• TD
    TD

Yes I said, but other places wont shun us for not believing the stuff we don't agree with.

Well played, sir.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I second TD's comment.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I hi-lited each of those speculative words. And then I waited, and sure enough a busy-body mic runner asked me after the meeting why just those words. So I explained why, and gave him the Merriam-Webster definition of "plausible", and asked him why speculation was presented as fact. I mentioned that another "plausible" explanation of who Moses was talking about when he said the word "we" may just as well have been referring to God and himself, not Aaron. Then when he said he thought that could have been possible and he hadn't thought of it that way I dropped the hammer and asked him who today considers themselves to be a "we" when it comes to speaking for God? Crickets!!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I started taking a strong note of these words as they mattered when the "light was getting brighter" and old teachings were done away with. I remember that the brothers would reasons those by saying : The watchtower were never adamant about it. See, they wrote: "Possibly", "Likely", "reasonable to assume".

• MightyV8
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Evidently

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit