JWs And Superstitions

by NotFormer 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Green Hornet - I remember this one...A young sister went to a criminal's door. After he got arrested the police asked him why he not did not attack this "sister" He answered because there are 2 big guys next to her.

That was one of the "proofs" that helped hook me as a gullible teenager, back then I did not know that the Mormons also use this urban myth.

RB

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I remember hearing stories like that. About sisters who managed to go door-to-door in a dangerous neighborhood, and when asked why they were left alone, a person in the neighborhood explained that no one wanted to tangle with the large dog that accompanied them. And of course, the sisters would explain that there was no dog with them... *insert Exorcist theme*

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Obvious made up stories. A sister and men would be havng a threesome instead,(WT has repeatedly warned about hormones) and angels wouldn't be dogs, unclean animal, should be a big ram.

• Listener
    Listener

I was going to ask if anyone has tried playing Rutherford's records backwards but realised there's no need to.

His talks were very creepy.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I was going to ask if anyone has tried playing Rutherford's records backwards but realised there's no need to.

His talks were very creepy"

I remember an anti rock campaigner going on about "backward masking" and pointing out all the bands that did it. He conceded that Black Sabbath didn't do it. The reason? "They don't have to; the lyrics are bad enough forwards!"

• Ding
    Ding

A lot of JWs seem to say "Jehovah" in every sentence of their prayers as if Satan is going to get them if they skip it once.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

My favorite among the collection of dumb superstitions common to Jehovah's Witnesses and JW(dot)ORG is the one about a gigantic invisible alien from the Alcyone sector who makes Thanos and Zenu look like underweight schoolboys. This alien, they will tell you, is the Universal Sovereign.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

How did Da Judge pull that one out of his orifice? Does the Bible actually say anything about Alcyone?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I don't see a demon behind every tree. I see demons behind almost every tree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit