Questions from a non JW

by shiloh 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sens
    sens
    When I quit associating the elders checked with me every week. When I was inactive and in the hospital for two weeks on two different occasions, they visited me every day and the elder's wives looked in on my wife and our four small children to be sure they were okay and brought cooked meals to her and helped her with the children. The Ministerial Servants all pitched in and mowed my lawn and took care of my business while I was sick.

Thats the only positive story ive heard about elders. ever. in and out of the org.

Im glad they treated you well

3 Sens 4

• garybuss
    garybuss

It was a dream. The reality was, they did not call on me for 9 years after I became inactive. And we never got ANY help from them and they never even send me a card and I almost died twice. They are toads.

• Panda
    Panda

HAHAHAHAHAHA .. elders caring for or helping anyone but themselves? Please My husband couldn't stand the stuff they did as elders. He often said that he didn't feel like he was shephaerding anyone. HA! What a joke.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The elders do not, I repeat NOT, contact those dfd or da'd for apostasy -- child abuse, fornication etc but NOT apostasy

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"The elders are supposed to visit df'd persons once a year."

Hell, then I think I'm owed something on the order of twenty-five visits! Uh, guess I won't hold my breath. LOL!

• Joker10
    Joker10

It's a different culture here in the U.S. Nothing more or less. My advice: Let her get in contact with the Witnesses in the area and not limit herself to just attend meetings, but to socialize, to get acquainted with people.

• shotgun
    shotgun

There you go again Joker letting the Holy spirit direct you into encouraging ones back to Gods organization.

Apostate Vader says..The spirit is strong in this one....*sound of breathing through mask*.....

Spirit filled Joker retorts....Apostate Vader you are from your father the Devil and do the works of your father

Apostate Vader snaps back..NO young Joker...I am your Father..peels off mask and cloak to reveal C.T Russell still wrapped in his Toga, apostate beard all the way to his feet now.

Joker screams....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit