Flip Flops to Nowhere

by Lostandfound 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Gorbatchov

could you put a link on to your earlier post.Thanks, bad eyesight now, all that intense reading of small print over the years, or something!

• Landy
    Landy

..or something! :D

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STEVE2:

You are right that so-called apostates and people out of the JW religion have a better handle on the many changes in the religion.

The few JWs I know seem unaware and unconcerned about the recent changes there. They are there for the long haul and want to be accepted. I don't think they would ever leave.

I'm sure there might be more aware people there who are disturbed by these changes but I don't know any of them. I'd love to hear what they really think!

• Half banana
    Half banana

As a Jdub I always kept a niggling thought at the back of my mind; if it is the truth, why does it have to change? As CT Russell said “Truth never changes”. If you have to change the truth it’s not truth ‘cos truth stands forever. Idealists want this to be true; JWs are by nature idealists but are burdened by permanent Watchtower flip-flops. (It keeps the cognitive dissonance going!)

It’s true I collected a stack of these niggles over time and eventually they burst through the flimsy membrane holding them back as they flooded into the front of my consciousness.

As gung-ho JWs we probably all tried to defend these contradictions by telling ourselves that overall it must be true because it’s “in the Bible” or “JWs are fulfilling the Bible” or some other justification.

Why no backlash against the perpetual flip-flopping? How could humble, obedient JWs do so with their institutional “cognitive dissonance” running in the background, or since when did sheep ever rise up and complain?

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Half banana

You are right , the role of sheep is to be fleeced and then eaten, so the zombie like attendees would not notice if Lett appeared naked on the JWs site and proclaimed himself as the messiah. As Monty Python said 'He's not the messiah, he's a naughty boy' would be the return from the other 6 fleeces of the flock as one by one they claimed preeminence in GB. You can hear the bleating of the sheep now, well it must be right it's Gods organisation,.....they were always right in the past so this must be right.

As WT can bare facedly say ' it was once believed' as a way of wriggling of the hook of responsibility and turning blame on the faithless flock for having believed it once.

You couldn't make it up

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Their constant effort to distort history should be soooo obvious, but it's not. It was exasperating to sit through yesterday's wt! What a load of shite!

But yesterday's wt was again a fabulous lead in for me to start talking to my still-in wife about how the wtbts distorts history to there liking. We discussed it on the way home. I told her that the "new" 1919 bs now taught is the complete opposite of what we were taught for decades. "The preaching work was dead" during that time. No, "the preaching work was flourishing during that time". 10 million tracts were distributed!

So history was seriously distorted for decades?

Then I brought up another distorted historical fact.For decades our publications showed a beardless Jesus and apostles. Wasn't that also a distortion of historical facts? Nothing like some homemade facts to feast on!

just saying!

• kpop
    kpop
    Cults. You don't know you're in a cult, until it is too late.
  • clarity
    clarity

The crap that wt spews out now is so ridiculous that for a 'dub brain' all it does is cause more frantic denial.

Like a child believes if they cover their eyes ... no one sees them!

So too, these poor hamstrung souls blindly trudge on not daring to think.

Not caring what 'truth' is spoken today.... they forget quickly yesterdays GB lies.

They don't care ....look at all their friends. 8 million can't be wrong ...can they!

They can now dance on kh platforms and sounds like brothers have 'permission' to grow beards ... so all is well in jdub land!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit