JW 'urban legends'

by Steve Lowry 17 Replies latest jw friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

One angel killed 185000 Assyrians yet a sister can struggle with him so that she is not raped...do spirit creatures even have a wee-wee?

In the Vancouver area they have an Assembly hall, a 1200 seater located in Surrey. There was a huge tree on the donated land which the city would not allow them to cut down in order to build there. One night the tree was literaly split down the middle by a lightning bolt allowing the contruction to move ahead...thank-you Jehover......and thank God there were no tree huggers near it.

• Prins Vaillant
    Prins Vaillant

What do you think of these ones?

1. An African sister finds a little bag with money in it in (yes!) a fish!

2. A heap sand is standing next to the place where a Kingdom Hall is build. Brothers asked: can we use the sand? The owner of the place was anti-JW so he refused using his sand. Then the unbelievable happened. There was a storm at night, lots of wind and miraculously the sand moved to the JW-territory, so now they could use it, because it was theirs. Supposedly it was an angel with a heavenly mission helping the earthly organisation. ;-)

3. A D.O. is working in a country where JW are forbidden. He picks up a lifter, who is a police man. The lifter not knowing that he sits next to a JW-topman ;) talks too much, saying: "There are witnesses trying to get literature in, but they will fail because we watch all the ways in and have control posts". Thanks to this, the D.O. can prevent detection of the spiritual food caravans. ;-)

Greetings,

Prins Vaillant

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

There was actually one in my KH. A mother got some pillows from a worldly friend, and her child used it to sleep on. The child had horrible nightmares, so they concluded that the pillow was demonized, so they threw it out.

• Charms
    Charms

At my mother's first bible study (I was forced to attend them until she was baptized), her bible study teacher told her about 'deminz' flipping up the floorboards in her house when she first began studying and other sorts of things happening. But according to her, she continued to study and they went away. This woman has some signs of mental illness, by the way. I was about 11 years old and was past the 'monster under the bed' phase. Nevertheless, her stories really f---ed my head up for awhile. I had nightmares from this point on about invisible presences and I am finally recovering. When I awoke in terror and went to my mom's bed, she would just tell me it was just 'deminz' and to pray to Jehovah to make them leave. Does anyone remember the magazine that was put out dealing specifically with evil spirits? It had that story with that woman in Suriname in it or something. That mag didn't help matters at all.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

The one about the WTS miraculously getting the rationed coal in wartime as a miracle verifying the Lord's work isn't quite a legend... I don't remember it being cited in the publications, but I seem to remember it in MacMillan's book Faith on the March.

• Charms
    Charms

I forgot another story. A friend of mine told me once that her family was attacked by spirits. It seems that her father was cheating with the woman who lived across the street. This woman was into spells and stuff and was practicing a particular curse in order to make him leave his family and be with her. She said they clung to each other in fear as all these lights floated all over their house, etc. The elders came over to pray for their house or something.

• bebu
    bebu
    2. A heap sand is standing next to the place where a Kingdom Hall is build. Brothers asked: can we use the sand? The owner of the place was anti-JW so he refused using his sand. Then the unbelievable happened. There was a storm at night, lots of wind and miraculously the sand moved to the JW-territory, so now they could use it, because it was theirs. Supposedly it was an angel with a heavenly mission helping the earthly organisation. ;-)

Um, according to Jesus, only fools build on the sand...

bebu

• rem
    rem
    (The Vatican is not even open to tourists so this story is definitely a hoax)

It had better be open to tourists since I'm planning on visiting there at the end of the month!

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit