Should sexual predators be released into society?

by Kenneson 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

My question stems from a case arising in Contra Coast County, California. The state wants to release a sexually violent predator into the community of Martinez, under a strict release program, including monitoring and therapy. Cary Verse is a Jehovah's Witness and wants to live in the neighborhood of a Kingdom Hall. But there has been a tough battle in finding him a home. Should he stay where he is or should he be let out? Any opinions?

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/news/6688595.htm

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ideally stay where he is, but if released: chemically castrated and heavily monitored.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My first instinct is to leave these sick bastards locked up forever.

• Scully
    Scully

For these jerks who don't understand the meaning of the word NO, I think a suitable punishment would be to lock them in a cell with someone named Bubba, who also doesn't understand that No Means No, who also believes that they have the right to take whatever they want, whenever they want it.

I think they might learn real fast.

Love, Scully

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would leave the sick bastards locked up forever also -- I would in addition chemically castrate them - -well actually I would physically castrate them - -I have utter contempt for them -sorry if that does not sound christian

• Seven
  • neverthere
    neverthere

Only if castrated, shaved bald, and made to wear a sign that says "I MOLEST CHILDREN, PLEASE BEAT THE SH*T OUT OF ME"

Diana

• shotgun
    shotgun

I read a local paper yesterday which said many who have been convicted in the US for molestation before 1994 are having the convictions overturned because a Judge overturned a previous decision which dealt with the statute of limitations on the time period involved between the offense and charges.

Anyone know anything about this? I'll copy Amazing as it may affect the class action suits.

As far what to do to a child molestor, I don't know...I hope I'm never faced with that dilemma.

I certainly wouldn't hide it to PROTECT Gods pure organization that's supposed to be his job.

• talesin
    talesin

My emotional side says they should be shot, but I am ideologically a pacifist so violence doesn't work for me. This is a subject I have given a lot of thought. Here's my solution.

I think they should be put on an island with other same-gender predators (there would be no opportunity for reproduction). The island would be electronically monitored (we have the technology now to do this) and they would not be able to escape. They would have tools to work the land, build shelters, etc. Kinda like "Escape from LA".

Let them set up their own society and prey on each other!

t

• ambush23
    ambush23

I think that sexual offenders or "chesters" should get what they dish out, a life time of mental suffering and pain. Its only fair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit