Do You Want To Be In Love

by Stacy Smith 17 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Jo, you really speak my language baby thats so rockin' romantic. *sigh*

*stacks two 40lb dumbell weights on pigeon bloated scrapbook*

• micheal
    micheal

Sure why not. I don't have any plans for the rest of the day.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

ahhhhh...love

There are so many kinds of love. The love of a mother for her child. The love of a friend. Both are love and yet they are not the same. There's the love of money. The love of power. The love of good Mexican food. Haven't we all said at one time or another, "I love this song!". What is "in love"? If you ask a hundred people, you will get a hundred different answers.

What about "if you love something set it free..."? Have you ever loved someone like that? Where you love them so much that you want only the best for them even if that meant that their life might not include you? This is no ordinary love. Why do we remember the great love stories? I feel it's because a love like that comes once in a lifetime. I guess it's like the lottery...you keep playing but the odds are great that you won't find the "great love of your life". Doesn't mean you won't come out a winner...you just have to keep playing.

I am a hopeless romantic and an optimist.

Lisa

• rocketman
    rocketman

There's nothing quite like falling in love.

On the other hand, if one is content on their own and not desperate for it, there are many advantages.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I actually have no desire to fall in love. There are goals to meet that I've set for myself and I'm sure if I got lovesick it would mess things up.

Stacy, imo, this is the way it is supposed to be. Your 20's are supposed to be for meeting the goals that you have set for yourself. But if love does come along, kick back and enjoy it.

I hope to fall in love again one day. To quote Kahlil Gibran: "Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit."

I also like this saying: "Loving, knowing that you are going to get hurt is like living knowing that you are going to die. But not loving so you don't get hurt is like killing yourself before you die."

Robyn

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I feel pretty complete all by myself.

good for you !!!!!!!

too many of my friends cannot be alone, they break up with one girlfriend and two days later they're with somebody else, I ask why, and they say "I can't be alone." , half the time they don't even like the person, but they figure at least they can get laid, and not be alone, how pathetic is that.

ON the other hand, my wife and I have discussed many times that if we broke up, we would both probaly stay single, we are happy, but I can honestly say, if we broke up tomorrow I would stay single, probaly for a long time.

Your ideas change as time goes by, what you thought in your teen years, changes in your twenties, and your thirties you look at everything diferently, and I'm sure when I hit my forties, I will look at everything differently again.

I day boom, you meet that special person, if it happens great, but tto many people go looking for it and try to make it in to something it is not.

just my experience through the years.

• Robdar
    Robdar

too many of my friends cannot be alone, they break up with one girlfriend and two days later they're with somebody else, I ask why, and they say "I can't be alone."

I have never been so alone as I was when I was married to my ex.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I have to decline your invitation for dancing and a movie..

Oh shotgun you know me too well but I was hoping to move foward to the breaking up hot angry monkey sex. Darn it.

But not loving so you don't get hurt is like killing yourself before you die

That's a very good point Rob. Who said that? You? I'm not worried about getting hurt. While I've never been deeply in love I've been hurt and it only bothers me a couple of days or so. It isn't the end of the world.

I enjoy the romance aspect of dating but I don't confuse that with love. You've all given me some great insight, thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit