Do You Want To Be In Love

by Stacy Smith 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I am curious about this. I'm just 20 but I've been sexually active from a fairly young age and I've dated for a few years now. I have never felt I was in love with anyone. I actually have no desire to fall in love. There are goals to meet that I've set for myself and I'm sure if I got lovesick it would mess things up.

Now I do have a good example for love. My parents are a wonderful love story and everyone can see it. But I just don't want that. Do you? If you don't have someone in your life do you hope one day you will?

I feel pretty complete all by myself.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I feel that for everyone there is a time and place. We are also all unique and different, and have different goals and desires. We must do what we feel is right for ourselves.

• shera
    shera

If your happy the way things are now,in my opinion,stay that way. At least,until you feel ready to have a special someone in your life.

At 20 ,you should be free and make a life and enjoy it.

Heather

• shotgun
    shotgun

Ahhh......To be young and pretty, I remember it well. Dancing through the fields with my friends, ducking and weaving as we throw rocks and crab apples at each other.

Stacy your absolutly correct...At 20 you seem quite sure of yourself and the direction you are heading, you are at the steering wheel why complicate things at this point.

All that being said I have to decline your invitation for dancing and a movie..I know you havn't asked yet officially but all the signs are there. I think you bypassed a few stages and are already in denial.....Stacy it just can't work hunny...I'm not old enough yet. I need to be closer to my mid-life crisis age and then after I buy a Corvette and have a little reconstructive surgery we'll talk

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

the answer to this question is always yes when i'm not in love and no when i am. i guess you really do always want what you haven't got. :P

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Me... I'm a hopeless romantic...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    yes when i'm not in love and no when i am.

tink dear, you're not in love if the answer is no. Guess that makes your life simpler, doesn't it?

Stacy, put me down as a yes, but not for any ordinary love.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Stacy, I really enjoy reading your posts...you have a terrific sense of humor and of what's real and what's not...

You are blessed, Stacy....keep that same attitude...it'll successfully take you to the places you wanna be and people you wanna be with...

Frannie B

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    you're not in love if the answer is no

oh, i don't know about that. i think you can be in love and still sort of panic and wonder if you wouldn't be better off unattached....granted, my experience is rather limited on this subject, so you may well be right

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I do.

*sends a dead pigeon to Sixy with a note saying, "My love for you killed this bird" -Wierd enough for ya? haha!*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit